Leupold RXB-IV digital laser range finding binocular

I would never buy another Leupold rangefinder ever! Goodgroupers reveiw is right on. I'm in the transition of trading a Leupold Rx-IV for a Leica 1200CRF. One question do they call it "RX" because it needs a doctor? Sorry for the corny joke.

Thanks for the reply and the thread link. I sure would like to be able to purchase range finding binoculars with great optics, in the 10 power range, with inclinometer, and will range deer size animals consistently to 1500 yds. I wonder how long I will have to wait. Thanks, again for the info.

[ QUOTE ]
range finding binoculars with great optics, in the 10 power range, with inclinometer, and will range deer size animals consistently to 1500 yds.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be a great day when that technology will be for sale under 1500-2000 dollars. I have the Swarovski and it is impressive but will never get readings consistantly on fur much past 800 yards. Light colored cows range better than the dark ones. Deer are pretty tough sledding.

I tried the link posted for reviews but it wouldn't work. Can someone post it again pls? I've looked at the Leicas and they're pretty nice and probably worth the $ but I sure wish they had the inclinometer! Does anyone else offer a quality rangefinding binocular that DOES have an inclinometer?

thx!

You should look into the Leica Geovid binoculars. I have heard that they are supposed to be really good, but very excpensive - @ $2500. Someone posted a link to a comparison between Nikon, Leica, Swarvoski, Bushnell, and one other (a 3000 yard range finder). I will look for it.

try the bushnell elite

I would give the Bushnell Elite ARC a try. It is not expensive, and it does range. I could get repeated, reliable ranges on actual elk at over 900 yards during a hunt in field conditions.

The problems others will bring up:

The optics are not as good as the Leica/Swaros.
True, however they are good enough to see what you are ranging out to past 1000 yards. Evaluate through your binos, range through your Bushnell.

The unit is big.
It is sort of big, for a rangefinder, but I have never found this to be a problem. It is also fairly lightweight.

Bottom Line: The Bushnell Elite 1500 ARC has real-world ranging capabilities and angle compensation, at a great price. But, if you want to judge trophy potential through your rangefinder, go with the Swaro.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.