Leupold RX-1000

DMAXNAZ

Quick question. I bought one of these summer of 2009 and it seemed to work fine. Just took it out on a hunt last week and it ranges about 10% off from what my buddys brand new Leica 1200 ranges. 20yrds at 200, 50 at 500 and so on. Considering it was $400 and been used twice I'm a little disturbed. I wonder which one is correct??? If mine is bad it is wayyy out of warranty. Kinda upsetting.

First thing to do is change the battery. I own several different range finders and no 2 range exactly the same, but not as far off as yours is doing now. but, they are very weird about fresh battery's.

When having to decide between the RX-1000 and the Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC, it was the longer warranty that swayed me toward the Scout 1000.

I have heard a disturbing report that the RX-1000 has a high failure rate. Probably the reason for the short 1-year warranty.

I don't like the Scout as well as far as using it goes, but it costs less and over a year later its still going strong.

Change the battery before calling your rangefinder bad. This is true of any sensitive electronic instrument.

I think you may have had it set to meters? 200 yrds= 182 meter, about your 20 yrd differnce. 500 yrd. 457 meter, about 50 differnce.

I have it on yrds. I forgot to put it's the TBR model. I turned that off and on and still no difference. I will try fresh batteries and see if that helps. If not I'll just send Leupold a letter and see if they stand behind their product. $399 is what I paid and I wont put a penny more into it. I'll just save up and but the new G7.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts