Leupold reticle getting hairy

If your gonna have a scope with a problem it is best to have it with a Leupold as they have the best warranty in the business.
A fellow hunter that had a Swarovski sent it back for work and it took several months to get it back as the problem was not easily repeated but they finally found the problem.
You have to call them first and get an r o number

Yeah, that's my only choice. the issue is that it's several scopes from them.
ive been brand loyal for some time now, since the mid 90s. This seems like an odd coincidence that its in three scopes. I haven't checked the rest, 19 more, out of fear 😂
I have a 2.5-10x50 does the same thing on 10 power. I have no answer to this, I have this scope for awhile but I suspect leupold would or could fix it. I have been brand loyal as well.

A few years back I had an issue with a Leupd 2x pistol scope, long eye relief. It was on a 22 LR, semi auto. Anyhow, found one day that the reticle was an "x" instead of a "+"! Strangely, it still shot fine. Scope had not moved in the rings…. Sent it back and they sent me a new scope.

The scope that it happened with I bought 20 years before, used at a gun shop! Great customer service. I too am brand loyal for my serious guns and Leupold is the go-to brand.

A few years back I had an issue with a Leupd 2x pistol scope, long eye relief. It was on a 22 LR, semi auto. Anyhow, found one day that the reticle was an "x" instead of a "+"! Strangely, it still shot fine. Scope had not moved in the rings…. Sent it back and they sent me a new scope.

The scope that it happened with I bought 20 years before, used at a gun shop! Great customer service. I too am brand loyal for my serious guns and Leupold is the go-to brand.
You can not beat service like that. My scope is also older but it shoots so well on the rifle even on the 10 power setting I hate to mess with it! Good luck.

They'll do right by you.

That being said, my eyes aren't seeing it. One thing to try (or just consider) is if you have set the focus for your eye it will look different when you take photos with the camera. I have my focus set for when I have my glasses on. If I look through without them the reticle will seem off, and my prescription is pretty minor. Food for thought.

Vx6. 2-12
05BD5565-6D06-44C6-8B25-71D77AF88B06.jpeg

I sent them a pic. Of course they said send it back. Just haven't got around to it. It's on a little rifle I use EVERY day. I've had great experience with Leupold for many years. Their customer service is second to none in my opinion.