Leupold product and support

ss7mm

Last summer I purchased a pair of Leupold RB800 laser rangefinder binoculars and used them throughout the summer. I cycled the unit probably several hundred times without incident. They performed perfectly and ranged accurately. I don't have any other types or brands to compare them to but was completely satisfied with them and was satisfied with the accuracy when compared to known distances. They would range elk up to 800+ yards. The longest consistent reading I had was at 950 yards on a rock outcropping. On this particular rock outcropping I broke it down into smaller distances and ranged them individually to check the overall distance and it was right on. I don't think they would be consistently accurate on animals much past 800-900 yards but the convenience of having the binoculars and rangefinder in one unit is great. During hunting season I started experiencing what I though was premature battery failure and went through a couple of batteries during the winter hunting months. Then last week I tried them on elk and after 4 or 5 cycles the battery was low again. It only had about 20 or 30 cycles on it. I also thought there might be a problem with the activation button so I contacted Leupold's service reps and they suggested I send it into them to be checked. I sent it in to them via UPS last Friday afternoon and this afternoon I received a brand new replacement unit from them at no charge. Of all the Leupold scopes etc. that I have owned this is the first unit I have ever had to send in to be repaired or checked, but it is apparent that they back what they sell. Service like this and customer satisfaction is what leads to return customers. In these days and times it's really nice to deal with a company, expecially a large one, that backs it's products and treats customers the way they should be treated. You can bet that when I look for my next optical products that Leupold will be at the top of the list. I am sure that other companies provide the same service to their customers but I just thought the support and service I received from Leupold deserved at least an atta boy. And yes, I have already contacted them and let them know what I think about their service.

Several years ago when I was young and dumb, I mounted a scope on a rifle and used a little too much locktite (on the rings, What was I thinking)!
Long story short, the power ring on the scope locked up.
I sent the scope back to Leupold for repair with a letter explaining what I had done and to authorize repair at what ever cost it would be.
It was returned to me with a NO CHARGE invoice.
Leupold, Great products and Great People!

Regards,

JD338

I just mailed them my scope for the second time in 28 years. I'll let you know what happens. I expect I will be nothing but pleased with the service.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.