Leupold problem.

another disappointing Leupold scope. Vortex or ARKEN, NF, won't disappoint
Looks like a USPS problem!
They obviously delivered the Nightforce reticles to Leupold while Leupold's QC team was off with China flu! Then the assemblers they hired from Vortex installed them! I have seen it before, that's why I sold all my scopes and bought Tasco scopes. My Tasco scopes work flawlessly on my .50 BMG and they track excellent up to 150 Mil Mils.😂

Leupold will replace it. No questions asked. I live a couple of miles from their Beaverton headquarters. About 6 years ago I bought a $400 pair of Leupold binoculars. The first time I took them on a hike, one of the plastic hook/rings on the strap broke. I dropped by their headquarters on my way home and took in just the strap and explained the problem to the receptionist. She asked which model and called someone who came to the lobby with a new unopened pair of binoculars. He asked if I had the original pair with me. I told him the binoculars were in my car and are great, I only needed a new strap. He insisted that their policy is to replace any defective item. We actually argued for a while until he finally told me to have a seat and he would be back shortly. After a while he reappeared with a new strap.

Leupold will replace it. No questions asked. I live a couple of miles from their Beaverton headquarters. About 6 years ago I bought a $400 pair of Leupold binoculars. The first time I took them on a hike, one of the plastic hook/rings on the strap broke. I dropped by their headquarters on my way home and took in just the strap and explained the problem to the receptionist. She asked which model and called someone who came to the lobby with a new unopened pair of binoculars. He asked if I had the original pair with me. I told him the binoculars were in my car and are great, I only needed a new strap. He insisted that their policy is to replace any defective item. We actually argued for a while until he finally told me to have a seat and he would be back shortly. After a while he reappeared with a new strap.
Yes they will! What an awesome American company, along with all the other US manufacturers up near you! I just ordered some Danner boots from there. I have more Leupold scopes than I can count, spotting and binos also. Keep the loyalty!!

Op says scope has been good for a year and then the problem just happened, something compromised the internals/ crosshairs? Weird voodoo stuff? Leupold will fix it!

I purchased it at Lafayette shooters supply, sealed in the box. Looked right to me.

the fungal idea sounds plausible.
shot it earlier today, maintained zero and still tracks. 🤷

I used to live in Portland and I took a fairly inexpensive pair of binoculars in bc one of the eyepieces broke. Sucked but I made do on my hunt. I took them to HQ when I got home and they didn't have my binos in stock, so they kept going higher up the product line til they had one in stock. I got BX3 Pro Guides, which were about 3x he cost of mine. Their CS is top notch.

I think the the scope has an etched reticle and during the etching process the edges of the features were messed up. I think the blur at the bottom of the field happened when the photo was taken because the camera lens' and scope lens' were not lined up.

Leupold fills their scopes with an inert dry gas so there would not be some growing contaminant to make fuzzy features.

My experience with Leupold vs. Vortex (Viper & Diamond Back( has shown that Leupold glass & coatings are far superior than Vortex when comparable price scopes are matched. Test both when light is poor and the difference is obvious. I don't want to pay for a Razor type scope.

Leupold has always helped me out to keep my 10 Leupold scopes (VX2, FX3 thru VX3i, LRP) running. When one of my old VX2 scopes started to produce 5 foot groups at 100 they fixed it within 2 weeks. I don't like snakes.

Contact Leupold, they will tell you to send it in. They will definitely fix the problem. I contacted them several years ago about an old VXII that I was having trouble holding adjustments. They went over the whole scope and replaced everything that was needed then did a complete test of the scope and sent me the data test sheet along with the scope.
All for free............ Leupold is is a really good company

I think the the scope has an etched reticle and during the etching process the edges of the features were messed up. I think the blur at the bottom of the field happened when the photo was taken because the camera lens' and scope lens' were not lined up.

Leupold fills their scopes with an inert dry gas so there would not be some growing contaminant to make fuzzy features.

My experience with Leupold vs. Vortex (Viper & Diamond Back( has shown that Leupold glass & coatings are far superior than Vortex when comparable price scopes are matched. Test both when light is poor and the difference is obvious. I don't want to pay for a Razor type scope.

Leupold has always helped me out to keep my 10 Leupold scopes (VX2, FX3 thru VX3i, LRP) running. When one of my old VX2 scopes started to produce 5 foot groups at 100 they fixed it within 2 weeks. I don't like snakes.
The Vortex Viper line is very good... Diamondback, no so much. It's entry level.
I stopped buying Leupold many years ago, after sending the same scope back 3 times for the SAME problem and was still not fixed. To each his own.
At a minimum Leupold has a poor history of scopes poor tracking issues.
my .02

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.