Leupold or nightforce

turtle135

I have a nightforce nxs 5.5-22x50 on a custom 7mm mag. I recently bought a vx5hd for a new 6.5 prc rifle and love it. I've been thinking about trading or selling the nxs and getting a vx6hd 3-18 x 52 to lighten up the rifle. Would this be a good move or should I just deal with the heavier scope? How does the vx6hd compare to the vx5hd? I'm also looking to change the heavy stock for a lightweight chassis. It would be a folding chassis hunting rifle for easier packing.

I have a nightforce nxs 5.5-22x50 on a custom 7mm mag. I recently bought a vx5hd for a new 6.5 prc rifle and love it. I've been thinking about trading or selling the nxs and getting a vx6hd 3-18 x 52 to lighten up the rifle. Would this be a good move or should I just deal with the heavier scope? How does the vx6hd compare to the vx5hd? I'm also looking to change the heavy stock for a lightweight chassis. It would be a folding chassis hunting rifle for easier packing.

With regards to the weight issue, it's a matter of personal preference and only you can answer that.

I run the NF ATACR on my comp rifle but love the Leupold Mk5 for hunting. Have the 5-25 and 3-18 and they are very nice. Much lighter, good glass, track well.

Hard to beat a NF. I have owned the one you mentioned and replaced it with a Leupold VX6 3-18 on that particular rifle...not a good move in my opinion. I just recently had another rifle built and it is wearing a NX8 4-32...like it a lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts