Leupold MK4

remingtonman_25_06

I just bought a Leupold MK4 LR/T 4.5-14x50. The lens on the objective side seem to have a bunch of little spots and a lenspen wont take them off. You cant see them when you look through the scope, but for $850 you would think the glass would be perfect. The little spots are not on the front part of the lenses. I usually clean my scopes with a little wet piece of toilet paper then get technical with the lenspen, but that wont take it off. The scope is brand new, I havne't taken it hunting or anything. I just hope its not defective.

thats exactly the scope i was going to get for my 30-06AI.but am fighting with leupold to fix the 3x9 issue i have,good luck.i've been nothing but nice to them and they still have not even responded to any of my e-mails.looks like IOR for me.pay another $10 and sent it back already so they can visually inspect it!

I would agree, send it back and get it replaced. I have the 6.5-20 version and its a very quality scope. As you said, for this much money that is not acceptible.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Interesting - I found the sevice excellent - from Australia!
They responeded quickly to my emails and were very quick in putting in the TMR reticule into my VXIII 4.5-14X50 only a month ago. Turned it around from when I sent it to recieving it back in less than 3 weeks.

I am not sure that they even fully charged me for the work!

I am thinking about the mke 4 tactical 4.5-14 for my new walkaround varmint rifle come everthing else (blaser switchbarrel innitially .223 26 inch match and .308 22 inch standard) - howver the nightforce has better optics but is heavier and I am loving the Leupold TMR reticule - and not sure nightforce NPR2 is a s good for my varminting/ general purpose use

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.