Leupold MK4 8-25x TMR

remingtonman_25_06

So I bought one of these scopes from Midway about 2 months ago. They were on sale for $1000. I've always wanted one so I figured now was the time to get one at that price. It has the TMR reticle in it. It sits on my 7-300 win mag which I use to shoot out to 1400 yards currently. I was planning on shooting out to a mile and 2000 yards with the new scope since I could use the reticle and the come ups. My old scope was a VX3 LR 6-20x with fine duplex and topped out at 1400 yards on come ups. Now this is where I'm not very happy. If you look at the TMR reticle substensions, it shows they have 10 MIL hash marks. The box it came in, also shows the 10 MIL hash Mark's. Well my scope DOES NOT have the 10 MIL hash Mark's. My buddy's 4-14x MK4 has the 10 MIL hash Mark's. Does anyone have an 8-25x MK4 that could give me some insight on this? Leupold is giving me the run around, I called twice and talked to 2 different guys each time, and they talked at me like I was a newbie and didn't know anything about scopes. Now I've been a Leupold fan my whole life, along with my whole family. We live in Oregon, and they're out of Oregon. Never had any issues with their scopes. However, I've heard and read about all the horror stories lately with their products and customer service. I am not impressed with the customer service at this point, and I would like an answer from someone who knows more about their scopes, than they do. Because from all of my research, it should have the 10 MIL hash marks. I took a couple pictures and sent to them last week, their email said itd take 1-3 days to get back to me and that was 5 days ago. So I'll post the pics here and you guys tell me what you think. Any info is greatly appreciated. Doesnt matter if it's on 8x or 25x, still no 10 mil hash Mark's. The way I see it, even if it did have them, you wouldn't be able to see them as the outer edge of the posts is 7 at most 8 MILS.

20200408_131643.jpg
20200629_101832.jpg
Screenshot_20200629-095816_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20200703-223400_Gmail.jpg

Ok, so what I'm now gathering is they do not put the 10 MIL hash Mark's on the 6.5-20x or the 8.5-25x models. I would still like to know the reasoning behind that...It doesnt make sense to not have them in the higher powered models, when they are clearly used to shoot longer distances than the smaller magnification models. Kinda ****es me off honestly...If I would have known that, I would have bought a NF instead...

I do not know the reasoning, all my 6.5x20x50s etc. have varmint reticles or duplex so I cannot compare. I do have a couple MK 4 4.5x14x50s but cannot remember the reticles, they are hard to get to but I will check later if you want?

Okay then on the way back stop at a rest stop get that Pepsi out of the ice water with the sandwich and chips, pic nic for 30 minutes. Admire the surroundings. Then head on home grill a steak, have a Budweiser. It don't get no better'n that. HTH

If it's 2nd focal plane you could set it on 12.5X and then the 5 mil mark should become 10 mil. Or get a 30-35 moa base and it should get you close on the come ups depending on what load you're using. Good thing is since you're in Oregon a varmint hunter might be interested in your scope. You could sell it and get something more suited to your needs.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts