Leupold Mark/VX 3HD any good?

Midway has some of the VX3i 4.5 -14X50 - 30MM side focus on sale right now.I have one with CDS and really like it.
I had that one on a Mark V for awhile and really liked it. The variable eye relief was the only thing I had a hang up with. I'm seriously considering the new 4.5-14x40 with the windplex and CDS-ZL turret for my new 270. I just want to know how the glass performs. I also wish there was a bit more elevation than the single turn, but really don't need it for the hunting ranges I limit myself to.

Tried to send my vx3i 4.5x14 back to Leupold to have the zlock installed and was told that they will not do it anymore. They want you to buy a new scope. In all due respect to Leopold they're running way behind do to the pandemic

I'd be curious to see how the VX3HD 4.5-14x40 30mm Side Focus CDS-ZL compares with the Burris Veracity 2-10x42 with MAD turret system.
They're pretty close in weight. The glass in all the Veracitys I've owned has been excellent for the price point. I like the FFP reticle, the elevation has 25MOA of travel per it's single rotation, rather than the slightly limited 15MOA of travel on the Leupold.
If the glass is noticeably higher quality, that'll be the deal breaker for me between the two of them, because I like them both.

I purchased my first VX5HD 3x-15x-44 scope earlier this year. Liked it so well I wound up purchasing three more with varying reticles. (I already have 7 Vortex optics and like them as well).

Glass quality is excellent. 171930 with the 56mm objective gives fantastic light transmission, and allows me to see license plates after dark down the street and read the plate better than any other scope I own except the Vortex PST Gen 2 5x-25x-50mm FFP scope set to 15x (to match the Leupold), which was the equal of the Leupold VX5HD 3x-15x-56 in allowing me to read a license plate.

My biggest reason I chose the Leupold scopes over another scope of similar specs is weight. I also got to compare a Vortex 3x-15x-44mm PST Gen2 scope to the Leupold version. Glass quality to my eyes was tipped in favor of the Leupold.

I've looked at some VX3HD scopes. They're pretty nice also. I will likely purchase one for a ML application.

I purchased my first VX5HD 3x-15x-44 scope earlier this year. Liked it so well I wound up purchasing three more with varying reticles. (I already have 7 Vortex optics and like them as well).

Glass quality is excellent. 171930 with the 56mm objective gives fantastic light transmission, and allows me to see license plates after dark down the street and read the plate better than any other scope I own except the Vortex PST Gen 2 5x-25x-50mm FFP scope set to 15x (to match the Leupold), which was the equal of the Leupold VX5HD 3x-15x-56 in allowing me to read a license plate.

My biggest reason I chose the Leupold scopes over another scope of similar specs is weight. I also got to compare a Vortex 3x-15x-44mm PST Gen2 scope to the Leupold version. Glass quality to my eyes was tipped in favor of the Leupold.

I've looked at some VX3HD scopes. They're pretty nice also. I will likely purchase one for a ML application.
That's a hell of an endorsement. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.