Leupold Mark 4

Thanks for the Bruno's tip KRP - I had not heard of them before.

Just called Bruno's and the Sightron SIII is just a hair under $700 as you mentioned. That is over $90 less expensive than anywhere else I could find it online.

The SII Big Sky I am looking at is about $70 less expensive at Bruno's.

Re: Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm

Scratch that. As you can see from Doug's recent post, these are now available with the Mildot reticle.

Jon A,

Have you tested the turret clicks on your Viper enough to have confidence that they are repeatable? Is the glass as good as a Zeiss Conquest? Thanks,

Paul

Re: Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm

Have you tested the turret clicks on your Viper enough to have confidence that they are repeatable?
Yes. Repeatable, crisp and also measured exactly at 1/4 MOA and are perfectly square with the reticle. About the only downside to the turrets I'd say is if you want to leave them uncovered and drag them through sagebrush, etc, they'll move more easily and may not be as "tough" as tactical turrets on some scopes. But for those who want to keep them covered for such abuse, they're very nice. The covers are thick, beefy aluminum and feel very solid (quite a bit more than the IOR covers I've used for example).
Is the glass as good as a Zeiss Conquest?
I'd have to compare side-by-side to say for sure and I haven't done that. I'm guessing either way the two would be pretty close.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that info. Sounds like a lot of scope for the money. Plus the warranty is iron-clad. Now that Vortex has a mil-dot version in the works for 2009, I'm getting interested. I hope to check them out at SHOT SHOW in about two weeks, but I find it hard to rate glass inside a building. I know Scott/Liberty Optics has been impressed with the quality of the glass. And you're saying the turret adjustments are good. So with that plus their warranty, I'm just about sold.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.