Leupold Mark 4 LR scopes Eye Relief at Higher Magnification

Obviously it's less than on low magnification, but still plenty. If it were me, I wouldn't even look @ the 6.5-20. The 8.5-25 has greater eye relief.

I recently bought the same scope and mounted in on my 280AI.
No worries with eye releif on 14x. I am going to get a second one for my 338 RUM.

JD338

I'm sure the NF and S&B crowd will tell you different, but I think the Leupold is more than adequate. I'm now replacing my VX IIIs w/NF scopes but I'm keeping my Mark 4. I'll be able to give you a more objective comparison in a few weeks!!

I think the clarity is awesome. My whole family is strictly leupold. Mostly the older vx2's, and vx3's. I was the first to break the bank and get a MK4. Im glad I did is all I can say. The clarity, brightness, crispness around the edges is superb. Looking through the scope to me, actually seems to brighten the whole world up, its crazy how bright and crisp the edges are. Nightforce and S&B, and IOR all have really nice glass as well, but in my opinion, the MK4 glass is right up there.

Bill, once you go to the Nightforce,well let's just say that you will be spoiled................

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.