Leupold makes me a believer

hifi

I don't post a lot but read a ton. Wanted to put this out there, had a pair of leupold binos that were a couple years old. Broke one of the eye pieces on opening day of antelope season, sent them in and in about a week had a brand new pair of BX-4 Pro Guide HD waiting for me. In this day in age good customer service tends to amaze me. Really happy with Leupold.

Whoo whee! I wouldn't mind owning one of those. It's unfortunate though that the eyepiece broke at all, let alone on opening day of antelope season. Hope you had something else to to get you through that and didn't go without. But, really glad that their customer service is still up to par for what we expect from the brand. Glad they took care of you! Those aren't cheap binos.

I had a similar experience - binos failed due to eyepiece on s9mething like BX2's...I lived in Portland so I drove to HQ and they were out of stock on anything equivalent to mine, and the closest match they had was Pro Guides. Replaced them without blinking. Customer service couldn't be better.

Unfortunately I have had to use customer service a few times...the binos broke early on a deer trip to Kansas. I was sitting on a chair in a pop up blind and my thighs couldn't have been more than a couple of feet off the dirt floor. I sat my binos on my leg and the short fall off of them broke the eyepiece. No, I shouldn't have dropped them but those kind of things should be expected from hunting binos.

Last edited:
Good to hear that an American company has such a good customer service reputation.

I have had a pair of good Pentax 8 x 42 DWP for about 14 years and they have been dropped on hardpack dirt roads, on a log and on a boat deck and they never broke - yet. Fingers crossed.

Here's hoping my Bushnell 10 x 42 ARC 1 Mile rangefinders never break. Only dropped them once and they landed on my boot, luckily.

Eric B.

They are hard to beat on their warranty and customer service.
One of the best I ever delt with

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.