Leupold gold ring question

SouthBound

How much difference will I notice from a vx3hd, vx5hd and vx6hd? I bought a rem 700 300 rum and I'm going to true the action bed blue print and muzzlebrake done to it ?

Go to a shop and take a look. If you plan on dialing I would invest in the 5 or 6.
From everything I've heard and read internals are the same on them all. Options are the only difference besides 1" and 30mm. Have you heard something different?

From everything I've heard and read internals are the same on them all. Options are the only difference besides 1" and 30mm. Have you heard something different?
I have only used varix 3 and vx3 in passed . Just wondering what the differences are between 3 . I know the dollars but is there a clarity difference

I've only shot a vx6. I'm a mark5 guy myself, I have multiple with a 3rd on the way. I have heard the vx5 and vx6 are very similar. I can't imagine the 3 would be all the "same". I've shot older 3's. Can't say I was impressed with the glass compared to higher end options, however I haven't shot a newer model. I'm just a firm believer in top end glass and specifically the tracking. Alot of guys obsess over the clearest glass. Personally, tracking comes first for me and I had no complaints the day I used a vx6. I am hardly an expert on the vx series but I have dabbled. All I got boys.

It is amazing how these firearms and accessories manufactures come out every year (6 months depending on the season) with new model numbers and names. Then us hunters shooters have to have the "Newest Latest Greatest" models just because of the name or model change. I for one am guilty of this especially years ago with bows.

For me the glass on my VX5HD is much better than my VX-3. I haven't gotten to handle the VX-3HD in person, so not sure if that still holds true. 5 and 6 looked the same to me, 3-15 is great, wasn't worth the coin to step up to 3-18.

Last edited:
I don't know about the new VX 3 but the glass in the 5,6 and Mark 5 are all the same. Power range, features and tube diameter are the differences, that came straight from Leupold. I called several months back to ask which scope would be best for an ELR project I was considering. My inquiry was between the Mk6 and Mk8. I was told the Mark 5 has better glass than either of those. The glass is the same as the VX 5 and 6. According to Leupold the MK 5 is their best scope. I run several VX 3s and a MK 4 on a 1/2 dozen rifles and the glass is excellent. I think the Mark 5 is brighter but that may have more to do with the tube diameter and objective lens than the glass.

The mark 5 is on of my favorite scopes,mine is clearer than my March,although much larger too