Leupold Custom Shop - Adding Target Turrets

dwm

Anyone had any work done by the Leupold Custom shop?

Can I have target turrets added to a VXIII scope?

Doug

Leupld will put target turrets on your scope for $93 including return shipping.

My family has had right at about 10 scopes go to the Leupold custom shop to have target knobs installed. Most were all vx2 and vx3 scopes. They do good work and they do it pretty quick. Usually couple days. Price is right around $90-95.

What about external turrets?

Will they put external benchrest or Leupold M1 turrets on a regular VXIII?

Doug

I still have to check out Premier Reticles.

You have to remember that Leupold makes three or four (or more) turret assemblees, one major factor is if the scope tube is 1" or 30mm. The larger, more adjustable turrets go on the 30mm tubes, simple as that. You cannot put a MK4 or an LR turret on a 1" (M1 or M3 style) they are for 30mm tubes. If you want the big numbers, ruggedness and repeatability you need to go to the higher end Leupold scopes. That is not to say that some of their 1" target and tactical scopes aren't pretty good, they just ain't MK4's or LR's.

You have to remember that Leupold makes three or four (or more) turret assemblees, one major factor is if the scope tube is 1" or 30mm. The larger, more adjustable turrets go on the 30mm tubes, simple as that. You cannot put a MK4 or an LR turret on a 1" (M1 or M3 style) they are for 30mm tubes. If you want the big numbers, ruggedness and repeatability you need to go to the higher end Leupold scopes. That is not to say that some of their 1" target and tactical scopes aren't pretty good, they just ain't MK4's or LR's.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.