Leupold CDS???

bgxhunter

This question might have been asked but here goes. I have and shoot a 6.5 Creedmoor Custom rifle. It sports a 6X18X40 AO and I'm sendin it in for the CDS system. My bullet is 120gr.Nosler Bal.Tip. What happens when you change bullet weight??

This question might have been asked but here goes. I have and shoot a 6.5 Creedmoor Custom rifle. It sports a 6X18X40 AO and I'm sendin it in for the CDS system. My bullet is 120gr.Nosler Bal.Tip. What happens when you change bullet weight??

You change bullets, or for that matter the load, and your ballistics change.

From Leupold's website:
S (Custom Dial System)
cds-600-mono-220x53.png

Leupold CDS™ models allow you to quickly dial your elevation to different sight-in ranges with a custom adjustment matched to your specific ballistics information. The CDS dials change out easily, allowing you flexibility with different loads, conditions and calibers. Every CDS dial features ¼-MOA click increment finger adjustments and no adjustment covers to lose, making the VX-2, VX-3, VX-6 and VX-R even more accurate and rugged. How the CDS™ System Works The CDS System works by laser-inscribing your scope's elevation dial to match your load, velocity and conditions. Your scope will be in perfect synch with the way your rifle and load shoots, even for hand loads. Each CDS dial is unique, taking all practical ballistic and environmental factors into account

Jack, thanks for reply. I sorta thought that. I've been shootin 95gr.V-Max all summer with g-hog huntin but thought if only 1 bullet and load 120's would keep me on g-hogs and deer huntin. If I want to change to a 140gr. or a 100 gr. I'ed need to send scope away for each??

Realy you don't send in scope just tell them what you want & they build it and mail you a new turret & you install it. You do have to tell them Cal. & Bullet FPS temp Elevation humidity & then it's good for those conditions. But the Fly in the ointment is you have to check it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.