Leupold CDS

PaLuke

I'm thinking of getting a Leupold VX3 4.5-14 CDS. My question is why don't they have a AO. I hope I looked at it right but I didn't see a adjustment. What are your opinions on this scope. Thank you for your replies. PaLuke

you are correct it is not AO.
I dont know anything about this scope but i have the the none CDS version and dont feel you need the AO
I use the B&C reticle in my 300wsm and it works great out to 500 yards
how far are you looking to shot with this scope?
I believe the cds is limited to one turn of the dail.

I'm going to put it on a Accumark in .300 weatherby. Do you have problems with it being blurry at say 100 yards on 14 power? I'll practice on groundhogs this summer and 1 turn should get me 650 to 700 yards with a 210 VLD. We're going for elk this fall if we get drawn for a controlled hunt in Idaho. I have a 4-16 Elite 4200 and I need to adjust the AO to keep it clear at different ranges. I was wonderind if it's the same with the VX3. Thanks for the reply. PaLuke

Paluke
I have no problem with it
I have the 40mm scope I used this one to keep things compact I wanted this gun small compact and light to carry all day
If I had to do it over again I would get the 50mm
If you are really wooried about it get the longrange model and have the custom shop install the cds turret would cost about $60 more and you would have exactly what you want.lightbulb
I really like leupold stuff.:)
just my 2 cents

retiredcpo,

From what you said, Leupold can install the CDS turret on any VX3?

It would be nice to get a VX3 with the B&C reticle and have them put a CDS turret on it. Would give you the best of both worlds! Thanks!

Docglenn
yep you are correct if you are wondering what the leupold custom shop can do to scope visit the custom shops web page
They did not have the cds when i did my 300 wsm
Here is a pic of a VX3 i just got from them6.5x20x50 with the target turrets installed on it.
this scope hase the varnit reticle in it
scope.jpg

retiredcpo,

From what you said, Leupold can install the CDS turret on any VX3?

It would be nice to get a VX3 with the B&C reticle and have them put a CDS turret on it. Would give you the best of both worlds! Thanks!
That is exactly what I HAVE ON ONE OF MY GUNS.Another is a 4-14x40 mildot,AO,CDS. cds is $90 installed, on B&C RETICLE I use the 200 zero and the last small hash mark is my aiming reverence for dial up

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.