Leupold cds for 208 amax 300rum

Peckerwood

Anybody have any input on the leupold custom dial system? I'm planning on having it put on my vx3 as soon as I work up a load for the 208 amax in my 300 r.u.m. I may be posting this in the wrong section but since it is load specific I thought maybe it'd go here. Just wondering how accurate the turrets are , given that you provide them with the correct ballistics for your load. Id love to just range a target and dial in my scope without having to use a cheat sheet or ballistics calculator. What'd be the estimated max range on a custom dial for the 300 rum.

Personally I think that it is not a good idea to be locked into one ballistic parameter for one bullet/ velocity.
If you change ANYTHING about the load or bullets you are shooting you are done.

Just simply get familiar with your drop chart, its easy.

I'll take MOA turrets.

I got my custom turret on my VX6 as simple MOA.
The CDS was a zero stop type, the one that came with the scope was not.

Just get a MOA or MIL scope learn how to use it and dial the old way. Easier isn't always better. on the close shots if you know your gun it should be simple enough and out far the CDS will never be consistent enough to use.

They are accurate if your shooting in the same conditions all the time. But as soon as your conditions change they arnt accurate. You can easily make the adjustments with a G7 rangefinder. I got a few CDS dials when I first started dialing but found rather quickly I was better off with an MOA dial.

The CDS is an interesting idea, but too many variables for me. I'd rather just have either an MOA reticle or adjust the turrets, or both. They do seem to work though, as long as you don't change anything with load or shooting environment.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts