Leupold CDS ballistic turret???

Hammertime1

Hello everyone. I sent 3 leupold scopes back to the factory to get retrofitted with their CDS ballisticly matched turrets. I've never zeroed or shot from a rifle with turrets so I don't know exactly what to expect at the gun range! One scope (or dial) is matched for a 100yd zero (30.06) And the other two a (300 win mag) and (7mm) After all mounting and bore sighting has been completed, do I?? zero the rifle at 100yds unscrew the allen screw on the elevation turret, align the 1 and hash mark and rest the screw??? it back toand Does anyone know where i can find detailed information on the do's and dont's for zeroing in or any info for this specific process? Thank you.

You should check the turret that you get back from Leupold for the zero range. I had them cook one up for my 7mm, and it was calibrated for a 200 yard zero. On top of the turret is printed "100 yard", but that refers to the fact that the marks on the turret are given in yards, not meters. If your turrets start with has marks at "2", then its a 200 yard zero.

Head to the range and zero at the appropriate yardage, and then reset the dial with the allen screw. You don't need to tighten it "farmer tight". There will be a detent ball inside the cap that will sung up against the stop to provide one full rotation.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.