Leupold 8.5x25x50 long range

G

Has anyone heard that Leupold is discontinuing this scope or maybe could tell me why?
confused.gif
mad.gif

I heard that Leupold 51606 is being replaced with Leupold 57910 (LEUPOLD VX-III, RIFLE SCOPE, MATTE 8.5-25X50 LONG RANGE, WD DUPLEX RETICLE)But the tactical series 54690 is unchanged and still available? Can anyone confirm?

Leupold would do well(for they're customers) to eliminate 3/4 of their models. As it stands, its nearly impossible to figure out what the hell your buying in Leupold.

They like to change scopes throughout the years without identifying affected scopes in a unique way. They don't change the model name, model year, or designate such scopes so that you can figure out at the dealership -what scope your holding in your hands. This year's? Last year's? Is this scope 10 years old w/o the latest coatings? Whats the deal w/Vary-X,-XII,-XIII, VX-on&on? Half of which are called tactical or target on top of all this, when they actually have seperate tactical and target lines. That are different.

The only way I could guarantee actually getting what I wanted was to wait for a new model(Something identifiable as different from all the others) & jump on it.
Now that I have, I'd just assume they went out of business. Let someone with a little character have the market awhile.

The Leupold #51606 is being changed to the #55186 (Long Range 8.5-25x50, Target, Fine Duplex, Matte)

And the #54690 is actually called Mark 4 LR/T series now.

[ 02-02-2004: Message edited by: Jon Jackoviak ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.