Leupold 8.5-25x50 v/s IOR 6-24x50

Can't speak for the IOR but I have a Mark 4 8.5-20x50mm TMR and absolutly love it. Trust me, if you go this route, you won't be dissapointed!!

From what I understand, Leupolds customer service is far superior to IOR as well.

i was told by leupold the mark4 and vx-111 use the same glass.the difference is in the turret springs,they are made to take a military beating and have a different warranty,depending on use, for the added weight and $400.00 price adition,the vx-111 has a lifetime warranty also.

Inukshuk,
Ditto what Bill Bailey said, I haven't looked through a IOR , but the mk4 I have is far better than my eyes!. I have also sent scopes back to Leupold for custom work and their service was excellent! Many options available for the guy that wants to customize his scope and the factory warranty is not voided.BTW, are there custom scope departments at Nikon, Bushnell, IOR,etc . ? Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.