Leupold 6.5-20 LRP - For Trade...

Floundertrap

I'm building a long range hunting rifle, 270 WSM on an AB 2 (long) action to run high BC hunting bullets seated way out there. I've got a couple LRPs, the one I am thinking about putting on this rifle is a 6.5-20x50 (SFP, TMOA reticle). These LRPs have high elevation turrets and I prefer lower profile turrets for hunting. To be fair, it is easy to keep up with the revs and settings on an LRP, but the high turret doesn't lock and could be moved accidentally. So I'm interested in trade offers. This LRP is in very good-excellent condition (may have faint marks from rings) with original box and papers and can include some rings if the trade warrants. Finish and lenses are excellent, very clear and tracks very well.

I'm interested in trading for another Leupold, 30mm tube, 50mm objective or larger, 14X or greater, with CDS turrets, MOA adjustments and reticle, illumination is a plus. Not afraid to add a little money. I like this weight class, don't need any more 3lb scopes. WilWill be shooting out to 750yds on deer in potentially low light conditions. Not married to Leupold, interested in other brands, but pretty keen on the features outlined above. Let me know what you have, photos of LRP on request.

Come up north if you want to see low light conditions.

The mid price Nikon's Monarch optic is the only thing I could find under the $600 Cnd funds up here...

The next low light optic better than that topped off above the $1000 +++ range.

The trick is to keep the zoom in the 3 power zone.

And yes,,, I'm that early morning dude that sleeps on the cut-lines,,, please don't step on me in the dark. Ha

Year 5 coming up with 3 crashes and 2 face plants off the hood of the truck... Dam tuff one peace tubes and the 42mm lens works good with no moon light and limited stars,,, snow is a plus fore sure...

Make sure you find the FFP reticle since it helps for fast ranging no matter what power the zoom is set at.

Good luck if your after those early mornings and late nights,,, its lengthened my hunts out.

PS: Fairly solid clicks, they track spot on,,, side Parallax,,, or use the BDC. A bit heavy since they come with solid tubes.

The only way to know this is to test drive a whole bunch of optics till you find the clearest one that suits your needs.

Cheers from the North

Come up north if you want to see low light conditions.

The mid price Nikon's Monarch optic is the only thing I could find under the $600 Cnd funds up here...

The next low light optic better than that topped off above the $1000 +++ range.

The trick is to keep the zoom in the 3 power zone.

And yes,,, I'm that early morning dude that sleeps on the cut-lines,,, please don't step on me in the dark. Ha

Year 5 coming up with 3 crashes and 2 face plants off the hood of the truck... Dam tuff one peace tubes and the 42mm lens works good with no moon light and limited stars,,, snow is a plus fore sure...

Make sure you find the FFP reticle since it helps for fast ranging no matter what power the zoom is set at.

Good luck if your after those early mornings and late nights,,, its lengthened my hunts out.

PS: Fairly solid clicks, they track spot on,,, side Parallax,,, or use the BDC. A bit heavy since they come with solid tubes.

The only way to know this is to test drive a whole bunch of optics till you find the clearest one that suits your needs.

Cheers from the North

Thanks for all of that info, Don. Do you have something to trade or are you interested in the LRP? Glad to hear you like your Nikons.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.