Leupold 4.5 X 14 Boostable?

Stugotz

A buddy told me that premire reticles could boost any Leupold Vari-X III or Mark 4 scope, but according to their website, they only do boosts on 6.5 X 20's or 8.5 X 25's. No answer there now, and it's still deer season here, so won't be able to try them by phone untill sometime next week. Just wondering if anyone here knew the answer. I've got a 4.5X14X50mm sitting around and wanted to see if the power could be increased on this.

Cant help specifically, phone Dick or email [email protected]

The numerous models and variations of the Vari X 3 and the newer VX3 are avaiable 14.5 to 35 (from?), 18 to 40 (from the 6.5 to 20LRT,) 20 to 50 (from the 8.5 to 25LRT.)
Mark 4 illuminated variables cannot be boosted, i asked the question last year. The genuine Mark 4 can be boosted i had one fixed at 35, stunner i want it back. 32's are a bit milky.
Not everything he does is on the site!

Dick at Premier Reticles explained to me the last time I spoke with him that the 4.5x14 Leupolds are "short " focal length scopes and therefore not candidates for boosting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Next time you get a chance compare the external dimensions of the 6.5x20 to the 4.5 x14.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.