Leupold 10-20x spotter?

Guy M

Any experience with the little 10-20x Leupold compact spotting scope? I'm looking for something for pack-in hunts, where weight is important, but I want decent optics to locate mulies and elk, particularly at dawn.

Currently I pack in a beat-up pair of 10x Nikon binos, and a Swarovski laser rangefinder. My current spotting scope is heavy, and not too good in low light, so it gets used at the rifle range a lot more than it goes hunting.

If you've used one of these little spotters, I'd sure be interested in the strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks, Guy

I have the 15 to 30X Leupold and it`s great. It really does well in low lite and the field of view is larger than any spotting scope I`ve seen. It`s small enough to carry hunting also. Mine is usually in my pick-up on a window mount with a small tir-pod in the truck in case I want to carry it. I was looking over all of the scopes at a bench rest shoot and it was by far the best I seen for field of veiw and as good as any for clarity, so I bought one.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.