Leuplod vx6 4x24x52 scope

Methow Packer

Does anyone have any experience with this scope. I have the VX6 3x18. I'm impressed by the optic quality and repeatability. I'm looking for more power for longer range but hoping for a scope with low profile turrets. They don't get in the way packing and fit better in rifle scabbards. The VX6 works for that. Now we're talking $1500 + dollars. The negative is no zero stopSo then I start thinking more about Nightforce. Maybe the G7 5.5-22x50 NXS. But the turrets are so high. The G7 model they narrowed the windage adjustment down which helps. So, an opinion would be appreciated. I have a good long range shooter in 300WM easily repeats .5 MOA. It's worthy of higher optics than 18X but I carry it in a rifle scabbard. I have a small business making leather products so I can easily redesign a scabbard to fit high turret rifles but maybe the Leupold VX6 4-24 is sufficient ???

Does anyone have any experience with this scope. I have the VX6 3x18. I'm impressed by the optic quality and repeatability. I'm looking for more power for longer range but hoping for a scope with low profile turrets. They don't get in the way packing and fit better in rifle scabbards. The VX6 works for that. I have a small business making leather products so I can easily redesign a scabbard to fit high turret rifles but maybe the Leupold VX6 4-24 is sufficient ???

I too have the VX-6 3-18x50mm with 2 full hunting seasons and some 600 yd range shooting days under its belt, all on a .24MOA\100yd & .5MOA\600yd Custom 700LA .30-06! Love the Optics quality, brightness, resolution and tack sharpness throughout its 6-power range. Has excellent low light capability (Deer coats look like you've plugged them in after dark). I've considered a step up to the 4-24x52, but never took the plunge...been too satisfied with the 3-18! :)

Anyway, my brother installed on his new 7mm Rem Mag build the 4-24x52mm (TMOA) and loves the scope. My oldest son builds custom LR rifles and uses S&B almost exclusively for LR 1000+ yd competition and LR hunting. In assisting dear Bro in setting up his rifle and optics, he was Really Impressed by the big VX-6 glass quality and it's excellent light gathering at the deepest minutes of twilight. Little Bro used the new rifle\scope on his 1st Colorado Elk hunt this past Fall, coming back home with a nice Bull and Cow, taken at about 375yds right before down time (dropped Cow, but Bull never moved :D)! I'm sure his quality optics helped in that situation, but here again, as a story goes ,"my son's, uncles, brothers, cousins, etc." :rolleyes:

My .02 cents!

Ted

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad he likes the scope. The 3-18 VX6 sure has worked for me. Hope the 4-24VX6 is a winner. I'll consider it a lot more since I've heard from you.. Nightforce is a great scope too. Just don't know if I want to make that plung.

Ted (also)

I have a Leupold VX-6 4-24X52. So far I really like the glass for the money spent. It is not as good as a Nightforce, but certainly better than a Swarovski. Its low light performance was what I was hoping for.

If you look around, different sites or eBay, you can find the VX-6 4-24x52 TMOA for $1300 brand new from auth dealers!

i have one with the reticle tmoar and i have the zero stop it a great scope just remember that i need 34 mm ring

I am very interested in the new CDs-zl turrets that came out in the vx-6 line. They don't really say but looks to have 20 Moa per turn. Exposed locking elevation turret and a covered wind age turret with Moa hash marks for wind drift holds

ZSteinle, I haven't seen the new CDS-zl, what have they changed or added, is it still a 68 MOA scope?

Topmoteur, what rings and bases did you settle on, is it a 1 or 2 piece base?

I'm torn between the vx6 4x24 & the Nightforce SHV 5X20X56. Will I be disappointed if I go w/the SHV?

Mtank, I haven't yet got the chance to compair side by side the vx6 vs SHV vs Nxs which I will soon since I'm in the market for a scope also! Nxs zero stop is around $1950, no stop is $1750, SHV is $1200 and vx6 is $1300! I don't question the quality anywhere in the Nxs, my question is where did they cut back to produce the SHV for $500-$750 less??? If you find out before me I would love to hear, or if anyone else knows please let me know, thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.