lets talk rifle chasis

booner2008

I am looking to build my first rifle with a chasis. I already have my barrels action, a rem 700 in 300 saum.
Instead of going the mcmillan etc... way, I wanted that tactical pistol grip look. I've searched all over at the many stocks available but wanted to hear what you guys use or like. I appreciate it!!

That JAE is one bad mofo. Cost can go quite high but if you get what you paid for, it will be something very special.

I've had my hands on, owned or shot several of the chassis on the market (minus the JAE). I've owned the McRee & I just took posession of an XLR Element last night. I've fondled & shot with an AIAX as well.

I think my favorite is the KRG Whiskey 3 chassis, as least as of right now. The McRee I owned was well built, offered by an outstanding company I did exactly what it was supposed to. On the down side, mag space was limited (338 RUM) & it was a pig! Aesthetics were so-so, nothing special, just functional.

The XLR Element I received last night looks better than the McRee, it feels better in the hand too. It is lighter but it's also for a Short Action so....

Both are adjustable for comb height & length of pull....

The AIAX is a really nice setup, expensive as all heck but a very solid piece of kit from an extremely reputable manufacturer. I prefer the open grip of the AX over the original AI, that is preference of course. I also feel the tube stye forend of the AX provides a cleaner presentation...

Here are a few pics I have:

McRee R7L-TMAG in 338 RUM
338 RUM & MK4 M1.jpg

AIAX 300winny
Tony 300WM-1.jpg

XLR Element in 6.5 Creed
Creedmoor-Element.jpg

KRG Whiskey 3 in 6.5 Creed
Jordans KRG Creed.jpg

t

The KRG is a very nice chassis. I'm not sure you can go wrong with any of those offered in previous posts, it's all about your preference.

t

This is the first chassis I have owned. AIAX, 300 WM. Not sure I like it. Very bulky and seems hard to manipulate from the prone. Very solid platform. Very heavy. Doesn't leave much to hold onto if you are moving though. If you can fondle them and even shoot them before buying I would recommend it.

They do look sick though!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.