Let's talk about 2 mile cartridges

Yes thats what I have been running around in this brain of mine. One of my brothers wants a .338 Lapua. I tell him its a good round... But does not have the speed I am after. This looks like it would fit the bill. Have been looking at a lot of different cases to build a .338 from and I keep coming back to this one.

I've been working on 338 with more legs since before the 375HE existed to make a 338HE. I have some thoughts.

The HE will have about 190grains of H2O. Powder charge of 50BMG in the 150+ grains range.
I have played with a 338-378 "Improved Stretched". Powder charge of RL-33 in the 124+ grains range.
Then there is the 338-378 "Improved". Designed like P.O. might have done it. To chamber factory rounds for fire forming. Powder charge of RL-33 in the 118+ grains range.

There is only about 100 fps from slowest to fastest with the 338HE.

Here is picture of 375 HE left, 416 HE next, 416 HSM right..

pat1.jpg

Here, tentative specs, 416 HSM case we are doing from bmg brass,

416hsmpic.jpg

A 375 HE, with Lawton action, bunch being done with those .....

lawton375.jpg

Anyone with Barnard P-Cheytac action, I need some info,

I understand it has action dia of 1.53" and 3 lug bolt, and

I need a picture of the bolt face...Ed

Hello,

Sold my 2 several years ago but Mitchs teammate uses one. I am sure he could get you the info your needing although their bolt face is nothing really "unique".
I will try and dig up some images from other forum I posted pics of years and years ago.

THEIS

If you mean Paul, his is a BAT action that I know about.

If you can find pics that will be nice, thanks, ED

I cant get the sound too come on video. How much does rifle weight? How much does the brass cost for 375 HE? Im thinking about a 375 build myself. So I naturally curious about this one.

Contact them for rifle weight and costs, most
ELR shoots allow 50 lbs..

The video is on facebook. Asteroid has page there.

Brass from me is 100 cases $450 shipping, ins, included.Ed

THEIS-- did you guys get your wildcat case made on the

585 Orca brass from Bruce, or do you have measurements,

length, base size, shoulder size, length to shoulder,

and case capacity yet..ED