Let's see your Varmint rifles !

M

Man, those things would shoot. I had one,although. I think mine was a later Bdl, Varminter, alo in .308. Wish I still had it. Cleaned like a dream.
Your right that rifle never ceases to amaze me the accuracy, predictability and repeatability is uncomon. Ill never sell it and have kept the original monte carlo stock and magwell and trigger from it. Its been in my family for 40 years and hopefully for many more

Im thinking it will be even better once i get the 30moa rail under it that i ordered 2 months ago. But even now it's prety hard on these coastal wolves
Do you get into many wolves? I'd cut off my left hand for a chance at some wolves.

West Elk Precision in Grand Junction CO built this for me this last winter. 6.5 PRC, 8 twist Bartlien 3B, Defiance Hunter action, TriggerTech, Manners EH1, Farrell rings, Nightforce ATACR 5-25. Purpose built for ELR marmots. The second barrel is on in this photo, 300 WSM, 9 twist Bartlien 3B. I've just begun load development on this barrel and it's producing .5 MOA at two different nodes. With 66 grains of H4831sc I still have not reached pressure signs. At that point I'll begin seating depth testing. 215 grain Berger hybrids.

Attachments

• 486EF981-0BE8-4CE9-8F32-F9F994B834E8.jpeg
    486EF981-0BE8-4CE9-8F32-F9F994B834E8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
Your right that rifle never ceases to amaze me the accuracy, predictability and repeatability is uncomon. Ill never sell it and have kept the original monte carlo stock and magwell and trigger from it. Its been in my family for 40 years and hopefully for many more
Those triggers were awesome. That's one of the original, and GOOD, Mike Walker triggers. I'm looking for one to rework, those are the best of the bunch.😄😄🦌🦌🦌

Those triggers were awesome. That's one of the original, and GOOD, Mike Walker triggers. I'm looking for one to rework, those are the best of the bunch.😄😄🦌🦌🦌
Yes that's what I've learned since i revamped this rifle and not saying it wasn't acurate with the stock gear on it but that trigger was very heavy and putting a timney set at 2.5 pounds along with the adjustable stock has definitely improved the shoot ability for me

West Elk Precision in Grand Junction CO built this for me this last winter. 6.5 PRC, 8 twist Bartlien 3B, Defiance Hunter action, TriggerTech, Manners EH1, Farrell rings, Nightforce ATACR 5-25. Purpose built for ELR marmots. The second barrel is on in this photo, 300 WSM, 9 twist Bartlien 3B. I've just begun load development on this barrel and it's producing .5 MOA at two different nodes. With 66 grains of H4831sc I still have not reached pressure signs. At that point I'll begin seating depth testing. 215 grain Berger hybrids.
I'm drooling! I live everything I own, but your bill of materials is impressive. Those Bartlein barrels are excellent. I'm a brux man, as I've had two, cleaned and shot like a dream. Bartlein was in my crosshairs a few times. Nice rig brother.

Yes that's what I've learned since i revamped this rifle and not saying it wasn't acurate with the stock gear on it but that trigger was very heavy and putting a timney set at 2.5 pounds along with the adjustable stock has definitely improved the shoot ability for me
That factory trigger, is very adjustable, and can be made even better with a little polishing. The Timney is a great choice.

Volquartsen IF-5 in .17WSM with BSA 17 Super Mag 4.5-14x44 scope with BDC for caliber.
Deadly accurate, great trigger. Built this winter, prairie dog hunt in SD last week. Testing the waters on gunbroker and sold it within hours. Now, what to build next?

Attachments

• IMG_4326Website.JPG
    IMG_4326Website.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 71
Volquartsen IF-5 in .17WSM with BSA 17 Super Mag 4.5-14x44 scope with BDC for caliber.
Deadly accurate, great trigger. Built this winter, prairie dog hunt in SD last week. Testing the waters on gunbroker and sold it within hours. Now, what to build next?
If thats the kind of stuf your into i think a 223 WSSM would be a great next insane velocities and 223 is inherently a flat shooter. That is a beauty you built and sold though

Built this from a Pence hand cut rifled 6mm barrel I built in 6mm AI about 15 years ago. I took the barrel off and put it in the safe about 10 years ago after 1200 rounds had the throat totally gone. It was a 27.5" 1-10 twist and on the 722 action it was pushing 80 Berger MEF's at 3567 fps with over 50 grains of 4831.

Took it to my buddy Fred at Sharp Shooter Supply and we scoped it, he thought if we got rid of 4-5 inches of it we could get into new bore, and after cutting the chamber have a perfect barrel again. HE WAS SPOT ON!

The resurrected barrel went on Axis action that was trued and altered to use a standard recoil lug, and it was chambered for a no turn 6mm BR Norma. When I had Ron Pence build this originally the barrel was sent to 300 bellow and cryoed. This barrel still cleans better than any barrel I have ever owned. 3 wet, brush 10 stokes, 3 wet patches again, and letting it set 5 min after the last one, one dri patch to check for copper and confirm it's clean. So far with around 100 rounds through it this year, NO COPPER FOULING.

It was a success, and has proven itself out to 567 yards to be reliable on chuck's! BUT! IT is running outa steam, and pushing me to build another 6mm AI to reach out to 800 to 1000 yards on the bigger varmint, this time with a 1-8 twist fer the 108 elite hunters.

Here it is 23" barrel in unfinished baltic birch laminated wood, I think Fed called it, which is high grade birch with layers in alternating grain directions.
20201024_141113[1].jpg

And here it is finished with fall Walnut hulls from my backyard, just make it more personal.
20201025_125754[1].jpg

At the Range.
_MG_0461-small.jpg

It shoots the new 80 grain Varmint bullets from Berger pretty good with 31.5 grains of V-135, at least for a shot out barrel from a once great barrel maker!
20210623_195157.jpg