Let's see your edge's

Here is one I built for a customer a while ago. He floats across the board once in a while.

DEV3381.JPG

Northern Chris great looking setup with a unique paint scheme. Any details as to how it was done.....the paint job?

Shawn,

Awesome guns as always. I'm looking to paint mine some day. Sure would be a good time attending one of your classes. Hope to some day.

Good shooting,

BT

CJ,

That gun has similar loading diet to mine.. 300 smk, 3.775 OAL, cci 250, 92 H 1000, 10 thou off lands ? I like the paint theme too. Did you add the mag box after you originally got it together ? How does it go ?

DUH

Yes I added the Mag after, works OK.
The only reason I added is for the following shots.

Here is one I built for a customer a while ago. He floats across the board once in a while.

DEV3381.JPG

Nice work Shawn.
It looks similar with mine, but I just added the fiberglass to the Pistol Grip (too small for my filling).
I noticed you painted the scope too. Here up in Canada if I painted the NSX Scopes I will loose the warranty....

Cj,

I think you said your rifle is at 19 lb's ?? If so how did you weigh it up.. Quessing the stock ? I think it would be steady to hold with that ! Weight is a bonus with LR stuff anyway.

DUH

I'm a recent member of the Edge club. Mine is built from a Savage 300RUM action (controlled round feed). 30" Shilen stainless select match, Sharp Shooter Supply stock, Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24 X 50 30mm tube, Seekins Precision rings, 20 MOA Farrell base.
1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Here is mine its a Wby MKV with a 28 inch lilja barrel and 4 port DE break . I only have 35 rounds through her so far but there is plenty of promise .

SDC12089.jpg

Cj,

I think you said your rifle is at 19 lb's ?? If so how did you weigh it up.. Quessing the stock ? I think it would be steady to hold with that ! Weight is a bonus with LR stuff anyway.

DUH

Heavier Barel Rock Crick at 30in and in top the 3inches for muzzle brake.
The stock modification is just 1lb extra.
Very steady for LR shootings.

you guys with the savage Long Actions, isn't the mag box too short for the cartridge? I've got a long action and the box seems tight, compared to a remington 700 mag box...

I built from a RUM action. The mag is longer than the standard long action. It is still not ideal though. Best to feed one at a time.

I don't know why your load of 93.0 grns of H1000 olny yeilds an avg. of 2812+fps. I have shot and help test a .338 Lapua with a 32" 1:10 Douglas zingging 300SMK's at an avg. of 2981fps with 11fps ES. We are using 92.2grns of H1000. I guess the Lapua case is a little more efficient.

Tank

I don't know why your load of 93.0 grns of H1000 olny yeilds an avg. of 2812+fps. I have shot and help test a .338 Lapua with a 32" 1:10 Douglas zingging 300SMK's at an avg. of 2981fps with 11fps ES. We are using 92.2grns of H1000. I guess the Lapua case is a little more efficient.

Tank

If you are talking about my load, I used 92 H1000 on 30inch barell 1-9.4 twist at 2814fps.
Lapua will generate another 100 fps extra all the time.
2820fps is a standard speeed for edge, of course Shawn build some with 2900 fps but this are extreme.

Every barel is different and with some brand you can gain more speed then others.

I can go maximum 93.5 of H1000 but this is a HOT LOAD for my EDGE. So I choose 92gr for better reloading numbers (11-12 reloading per case)

Recent Posts