Let's see where you shoot. Pics please.

1000 to pig feeder from this rock.
We could shoot much further but mostly only to 1200

Attachments

• 3B4E5521-FAB6-432A-9ACD-9B693BABC604.png
    3B4E5521-FAB6-432A-9ACD-9B693BABC604.png
    337.3 KB · Views: 165
I get some serious mountain envy looking at the places you guys shoot out west!

Here's a shot of the rifle range at Austin Gun Club. The name is a bit of a misnomer as its really out by Lampasas, about 40 miles out of Austin. We have 5 lanes, all reaching out to 1000+ with 70+ targets. Some battery operated knock-down pop-up, others 12" diameter over rectangle (I think 16x24")…(if I hit the rectangle, I missed!). The second lane doglegs left into an opening and there is a target at 1 mile, our longest. The 3 near targets in center are 100 yds with paper for sighting.

This is a great Christian operation. Range was built with Mark LaRue and Todd Hodnett involved. Todd's group, Accuracy 1st, uses the facility for some of its classes in TX - highly recommended.

IMG_1264_Moment.jpg

here is our shooting rock down to the other small lake were we have taken bears and moose in the fall from this spot 675 yards we can go to over two miles but that is a shot we are not set up for. would be fun

Attachments

• 11535806_10204327034951857_8223649744911530025_n.jpg
    11535806_10204327034951857_8223649744911530025_n.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 198
I get some serious mountain envy looking at the places you guys shoot out west!

Here's a shot of the rifle range at Austin Gun Club. The name is a bit of a misnomer as its really out by Lampasas, about 40 miles out of Austin. We have 5 lanes, all reaching out to 1000+ with 70+ targets. Some battery operated knock-down pop-up, others 12" diameter over rectangle (I think 16x24")…(if I hit the rectangle, I missed!). The second lane doglegs left into an opening and there is a target at 1 mile, our longest. The 3 near targets in center are 100 yds with paper for sighting.

This is a great Christian operation. Range was built with Mark LaRue and Todd Hodnett involved. Todd's group, Accuracy 1st, uses the facility for some of its classes in TX - highly recommended.

View attachment 140725
Thanks for sharing the Austin Gun Club pic. I am currently trying to get matched up with an Accuracy 1st class held at AGC.

Here's my target range behind my house. I put up 10" AR500 Plate targets at 300 and 400 and then 18" AR500 plate at 500, 600, and 700. 800 and 900 are 1/4" steel about 2' X 2'. The 1000 yard target is that plate on the back of semi truck where the trailer attaches to. It's a nice place to shoot. Especially in the evenings when there's no wind.
Shack 1.jpg

Attachments

• Shack 2.jpg
    Shack 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 246
  • Shack 3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 290
  • Shack 4.jpg
    Shack 4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 251
  • Shack 5 copy.jpg
    Shack 5 copy.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 297
74396C0B-A5F8-4712-B531-AFCF072A70EA.jpeg

I can go out to a mile from this hill, circled in red.

2EFC309D-B5FD-468C-BCD5-E5FF1F86DD96.jpeg

This is facing the exact opposite direction on the same hill. Red circle is 1000 yards. I also can shoot 100 yards off my back porch and up to 600 yards in the pasture by my house. I definitely agree with the other fellow, I have a bad case of mountain envy looking at these pics.

Tailwinds, fishtails, up drafts, multi directional cross winds. If your not good at calling winds, shoot here and you will be.

From 8ft to 24 ft drift differential in only a couple minutes at a mile are not uncommon. Large white Wallmart ballons on wire stands are the target of choice. Last post didn't show pic. My bad

Two days before my old hunting pard died we talked to what would make the perfect rifle. Agreement came that it had to hit to kill P dogs religiously at 1k.

Like two kids we started in the design without two buckles two rub together.

Ruban then asked his wife to fetch his old rifle. She did and gave it to him. Ruban was close to death with a body ravished with cancer.

He ordered me to come close and I did. He then handed me his rifle and in a rough whisper said, " here, you make that rifle for the both of us". With tears in my eyes accepted and took on the challenge.

Nothing special but it has flipped many a P dog from his mound as it was meant to do. My old hunting pard of 32 winters and falls is still with me as the beast roars. I can still hear Ruban say, "a real rifleman can hit that again". Oh, the good times.

Two days before my old hunting pard died we talked to what would make the perfect rifle. Agreement came that it had to hit to kill P dogs religiously at 1k.

Like two kids we started in the design without two buckles two rub together.

Ruban then asked his wife to fetch his old rifle. She did and gave it to him. Ruban was close to death with a body ravished with cancer.

He ordered me to come close and I did. He then handed me his rifle and in a rough whisper said, " here, you make that rifle for the both of us". With tears in my eyes accepted and took on the challenge.

Nothing special but it has flipped many a P dog from his mound as it was meant to do. My old hunting pard of 32 winters and falls is still with me as the beast roars. I can still hear Ruban say, "a real rifleman can hit that again". Oh, the good times.
This is what it's all about right here!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.