lets hear some tips for setting up in the field to make the long shot

kidcoltoutlaw

i was shooting my .50bmg from a rest but had the rest on the ground.it was like no matter what i did i shot low,it was at 1000 yards.so i thought i need something hard to shoot from.so i got some of them store bought flat rocks and planted them in the yard.i had to have 3 of them it's a big setup.it worked great.i have 3 more to try out in the field.if i can get them stable i think it will work.i will let my atv carry them for me.in my fcsa mag i seen a pic of a guy using a wood platform just big enough for him and the gun to lay on.it would fit in the back of a pickup truck rasy or a trailer for an atv.if only there was a big flat rock where i needed it when i needed it.here is one thing i forget.when i can't use the front rest stop.put a tape strip on the gun and bag to line them up for the shot.it will take the vertical out of your group,thanks,keith

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.