Lets discuss the Revic scope from gunwerks

ODAVID

I like the concept of having everything onboard. I asked about the warranty and they said 5 years . Did not mention if transferable or not. So I doubt that. I like opinions of something else besides Nightforce.
read more here
ODAVID

As far as I know, it's mechanically a Razord HD gen 2. Until they figure a way to get the rangefinder onboard, I guess i just don't quite "get it".

When I watch Gunwerks show I never see them using the Revic. I may have seen them use one. I figure if they are not going to use one why would anyone else.
I'm still using a Huskemaw I got from them when they were 'the best' scope.

It's a bad business plan. They are too expensive and low volume so they will stay expensive.

SIG BDX implemented a similar function in to scopes 1/3 the price and also wireless connectivity to LRF, weather meters and smartphones with their ballistics app.

The first line of BDX scopes are not great but the price of entry is low. If Sig sells enough, they could implement some Revic style features and they are already bringing out better second generation BDX scopes. Revic probably won't generate enough sales to implement BDX style features in their scopes.

Schmidt and Bender has similar stuff but $$$ and possibly vaporware.

For an analogy, BDX is VHS, Revic is Beta and S&B is Laser Disk. VHS was technically the worst way to record and play back video but it won the war. There is some +/- with BDX vs. Revic, I don't think Revic is better as much as different (except optical quality) but price will push the market to BDX.

It's a bad business plan. They are too expensive and low volume so they will stay expensive.

SIG BDX implemented a similar function in to scopes 1/3 the price and also wireless connectivity to LRF, weather meters and smartphones with their ballistics app.

The first line of BDX scopes are not great but the price of entry is low. If Sig sells enough, they could implement some Revic style features and they are already bringing out better second generation BDX scopes. Revic probably won't generate enough sales to implement BDX style features in their scopes.

Schmidt and Bender has similar stuff but $$$ and possibly vaporware.

For an analogy, BDX is VHS, Revic is Beta and S&B is Laser Disk. VHS was technically the worst way to record and play back video but it won the war. There is some +/- with BDX vs. Revic, I don't think Revic is better as much as different (except optical quality) but price will push the market to BDX.

Schmidt and bender doesnt have a smart scope with a heads up display

I've had my Revic for a few years now,and it has performed excellent for me. Yes,it would be great if it had an on board LRF,but I haven't found that to be a reason not to buy one. The ballistics system has been spot on with the data that I imported into the scope.
I really like the HUD in the scope,just range the target/animal & dial the turret to the distance - point and shoot!

My opinion, (worth what you paid) I have no interest in combining my scope with ballistics solvers, LRF, or anything else. I learned my lesson with the TV/VCR. Some ideas are better on paper than in practice. I'm sure the Revic is well done, but I'm not a customer.

I have been watching the Revic since they were first on the scene. What do they do that a Leica 2800.com and a paired Kestrel 5700 Elite don't do. With either you range and dial then shoot?
I guess it is a matter of 3 units Leica, kestrel and scope or Rangefinder and Revic. The Kestrel gives you wind speed and direction at station. Cost is not very different. Leica 2800.com $700+Kestrel $700 +Leupold VX6-HD 3-18X44 $1400=$2800 or the Rangefinder $700 and Revic $2900=$3600
It is good to have options. Boy those Revic's sure heavy though.

Here is some math: Sig Kilo3000BDX LRF binoculars $900 (what I paid), Kestrel Sportsman CONX $249 (new, no packaging at Cameraland), elite upgrade ($190 if you need it) and I think $1,300 for the Sierra6 BDX 5-30x56 scope (available this summer?). That's $2639 max but you get LRF binoculars instead of a monocular and everything is connected wirelessly. If you want to spend less, skip the elite upgrade and look for a deal on the scope, that will probably knock about $400 off the total.

I think that is significantly less expensive and the way I look at it, each piece is a good value by itself, well maybe not the scope, it's value proposition is compelling when it's paired with a LRF (and a Kestrel makes it better).

One more thing, if you have a spotter and a Kestrel, they can range a target by pressing a button, the Kestrel then calculates the solution and wirelessly sends it to the scope which automatically illuminates the holdover dots. The shooter just lines it up and pulls the trigger, no dialing. I don't think there is anything easier short of a TrackingPoint setup.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.