Lets Discuss “Range Etiquette” for a moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remmys a good dude. We are complete strangers only thing we have in common is being members on this forum.

He texts me regularly about new gear he has used and provides his unbiased opinion of it.

He also shares load data and how to set up a reloading bench. He got me started in reloading. He's definitely a contributor to this site.

He's gone out of his way to help me several times. This thread doesn't need to be scrutinized so harshly. Look at it as comedy.
Amen

The problem is much like texting. You dont fully know how to take what was typed, was meant. I went thru that when texting became popular. I didnt know how to take what was written because of different writings styles or choice of words. Sadly, I will always jump in to stir the pot.....there lays my problem...along with many more

My problem usually like @300whisper the military makes you thick skinned because of all the personalities you have to deal with daily which further more changes when you are deployed and dealing with people that are grumpy and ready to go home! I have been in for 18 years so needless to say I take for granite I am dealing with another military dude that can take verbal bashing even when playing around. Some people are not thick skinned and they get either hurt or ****ed by smart *** comments! I am trying to work on that! lol

. This thread doesn't need to be scrutinized so harshly. Look at it as comedy.
Maybe this thread could have went a different direction, and people could say this or that bugs me, or this one guy, ect.

But in comedy, it is all about the delivery.

I think the problem is his list came off as his rules for the range. That is what chapped my rump roast.

Maybe this thread could have went a different direction, and people could say this or that bugs me, or this one guy, ect.

But in comedy, it is all about the delivery.

I think the problem is his list came off as his rules for the range. That is what chapped my rump roast.
Naw man although some of them should be lol. Just kidding. But really things like blasting brass all over people is rude, I mean to me it is. Also on an open range where you are running a muzzle brake dont post up beside people. I mean these are rules that I dont do to other people, I just expect that same in return. It wasn't meant like that at all though. But your correct my delivery was off, apologies.

Hey Remmy700, I noticed in 1 of your posts you said you use to be in Clovis, NM. I'm in Amarillo just up the road from Clovis. Are you close by now by chance? I hear ya about not many places to shoot.

I am not saying people should pelt you with brass. That one actually surprises me is an issue.

Also as I wrote most, car, bike, gun guys are fine telling you about their pride and joy.

I am not much of talker to strangers, but I would not flabbergasted if stranger at range spoke to me. I am not your kid, only speaking when spoken too.

I don't shoot at a range. But I do work up loads. I didn't realize people doing so were rocket surgeons and shouldn't be distracted. I wouldn't speak when shooting. But if a guy was with his little gizmos I wouldn't think it was like he was writing down the cure to cancer. Especially since I am usually letting my barrels cool for awhile.

Again I don't shoot at ranges,but someone saying, oh how do you like that, or reloading gadget I have never seen before may garner a question. I never regarded this as asking a russian mobster his business.

Hey Remmy700, I noticed in 1 of your posts you said you use to be in Clovis, NM. I'm in Amarillo just up the road from Clovis. Are you close by now by chance? I hear ya about not many places to shoot.
I am in Albuquerque NM now I moved right up the road from Clovis. I did most of my shooting when I was in Clovis out in Roswell NM. There was a ton of land out there.

I am not saying people should pelt you with brass. That one actually surprises me is an issue.

Also as I wrote most, car, bike, gun guys are fine telling you about their pride and joy.

I am not much of talker to strangers, but I would not flabbergasted if stranger at range spoke to me. I am not your kid, only speaking when spoken too.

I don't shoot at a range. But I do work up loads. I didn't realize people doing so were rocket surgeons and shouldn't be distracted. I wouldn't speak when shooting. But if a guy was with his little gizmos I wouldn't think it was like he was writing down the cure to cancer. Especially since I am usually letting my barrels cool for awhile.

Again I don't shoot at ranges,but someone saying, oh how do you like that, or reloading gadget I have never seen before may garner a question. I never regarded this as asking a russian mobster his business.
OK man. Whatever you think is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.