Let them walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probly way off topic, but I once(30 years younger) happened to catch a glimpse of a coyote sun bathing in a pasture on a cold, windy, but very sunny day, it was facing south and a south wind was blowing in my face north of it. I was feeding cows.
I had my old savage 110 222 in the seat of my truck.
I estimated it at 300 yards layin about 25 yards off the end of a fence row that was grown up in brush.
I could of easily shot it from a roll of hay, but I wanted to try and stalk it.
It took about 30 minutes but I slowly crept up on the opposite side of the fence right till the end.
It could not of been more than 15 yards from me when the little bullet caught it In the back of the head. It never moved and had no idea I was around.
I truly felt like the predator after its prey.
One of my best trophy hunts ever!

Probly way off topic, but I once(30 years younger) happened to catch a glimpse of a coyote sun bathing in a pasture on a cold, windy, but very sunny day, it was facing south and a south wind was blowing in my face north of it. I was feeding cows.
I had my old savage 110 222 in the seat of my truck.
I estimated it at 300 yards layin about 25 yards off the end of a fence row that was grown up in brush.
I could of easily shot it from a roll of hay, but I wanted to try and stalk it.
It took about 30 minutes but I slowly crept up on the opposite side of the fence right till the end.
It could not of been more than 15 yards from me when the little bullet caught it In the back of the head. It never moved and had no idea I was around.
I truly felt like the predator after its prey.
One of my best trophy hunts ever!
Now, that's fieldcraft!

Wow posted last night and went to work.My follow up TASTEY, minutes old
IMG_1875.jpeg

This guy beat you...lol... cheers, Buck.

I am not a great hunter unlike others, in fact I tell people that I am just a trigger monkey, not a hunter. I never killed an animal that far, just a paper killer. I killed paper against Palma, match rifles, and Magnums with a 223 gas gun at 1000 yards, and all I got is this cheap wood. Not quite old, 45 yo young man back then.

View attachment 377020
1000 yards ?
Iron sights?
I hope your never upset with me!
Lol

1000 yards ?
Iron sights?
I hope your never upset with me!
Lol

lol, that was with 223 gas gun, prone, and sling. This is on the bench 1000 yards with M1A on 18 inch wide and 24 tall. This is killing steel, still not a hunter just a trigger monkey.

Sorry, OP.. hope you don't mind me derailing your thread

Last edited:
lol, that was with 223 gas gun, prone, and sling. This is on the bench 1000 yards with M1A on 18 inch wide and 24 tall. This is killing steel, still not a hunter just a trigger monkey.

Sorry, OP.. hope you don't mind me derailing your thread

That's darn good shooting
I've not even shot at a box at 1000.
Wouldn't know where to start with out a scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.