Let’s take a vote… bullet choice

Hammer or Berger

• Total voters
I would use whatever I was the most confident in first and foremost. I cannot think and shoot well at the same time.

e.g., I do my job better when I'm not thinking something like "Remember, you have to make a good first shot with the berger in the chamber because I'll need to adjust my second hold point if I cycle to the Hammers that fit in the mag" at go time.

Set the berger to mag length. Not sure what's happening there. I run mine at 2.950 coal and get excellent results. Having said that I'd likely choose the 124 simply for flat shooting etc any way. If it was an elk I might head to the 156 but for deer meh.
Yeah I seated it to mag length and the groups spread way out. I'll mess with the seating deapth eventually but don't want to spend a bunch of time and components on that right now if I already have a load that shoots

Taking a vote. October mule deer hunt at 7k-10k elevation. Rifle is a 6.5prc. The options are 124 HH at 3330fps shooting 1/4 moa or the 156 Berger EOL shooting 2835, also 1/4 moa. Longest range I'll take a shot if conditions are perfect is 500 yards.
Thanks for the input
Hammer.

If you are certain your shot will be at/under 500 yds. - then Hammer is your bullet. If there is a chance you might take a shot at 800 yds., then Berger is your bullet. Run ballistics on both out to 1000 yds and you will see why (pay attention to wind drift and velocity). BC is still the king for true long distance.