Let’s see your coyote rifle!

Threaded my Tikka 223 and really happy with how it shoots with suppressor,sighted it in with the cover on.Impact changed a bunch when suppressor was put on,did recrown barrel also so that could be part of impact chain.Put Omega 300 on it.First shot on a coyote it did its job,really liked seeing fur puff through the scope.

My woods rifle. Sometimes a coyote will end up at the wrong place while I'm deer hunting. 130 Shock Hammer put him down where he stood.

Attachments

• 1BBFB74D-BB90-4D85-9B29-47BF6A0478C0.jpeg
    1BBFB74D-BB90-4D85-9B29-47BF6A0478C0.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 96
I have a rem 700 that currently sports a 308 barell Im thinking of doing a remage conversion on. Thinking 22 creed for the windy days where the 55gr vmax from a 22-250 has a hard time. How are the heavier .224 eldm and berger bullets working out for hunting?

I have a rem 700 that currently sports a 308 barell Im thinking of doing a remage conversion on. Thinking 22 creed for the windy days where the 55gr vmax from a 22-250 has a hard time. How are the heavier .224 eldm and berger bullets working out for hunting?
If you don't care about the pelt…..really good. Close range they tend to have an explosive tendency. Long range they work really well.

My dog and I have this deal. I shoot it and he retrieves it. So if we're duck or pheasant or sharptail hunting that is easy. If a coyote gets up, he retrieves it. Rabbits, he retrieves it. We both like birds the most and a simple "leave it" command gets him off rabbits and coyotes if I am not interested.

good looking GWP, I've got a couple at the house myself. We have a similar arrangement in I shoot it they retrieve it. Only exception is doves, my male wont retrieve a dove, just stands on it and looks at me till I come grab it.

The 22CM on the bottom is my primary coyote and deer rifle. It's a hammer on both of them. The 308 is just there for fun.
View attachment 551682
I see you have Leupold & Trijicon......what models ??
Nice set ups....
I just put a Leupold VH-6HD 3-18X44 in a TMOA IR on my Aero Precision M5 build.
a.p.m5.Leu..jpg

Attachments

• a.p.m5.3.18.jpg
    a.p.m5.3.18.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I see you have Leupold & Trijicon......what models ??
Nice set ups....
I just put a Leupold VH-6HD 3-18X44 in a TMOA IR on my Aero Precision M5 build.View attachment 551803
Nice setup! The Leupold is a MK5HD 3.6-18 with a PR1-MOA reticle. I love it. I have the exact same one on my 280AI. Fantastic hunting scope. The Trijicon is a Credo HX 1-8 power. I've also got a VX6HD 3-18 with the TMR reticle on my Tikka CTR. Those are very nice scopes!