Let’s see your coyote rifle!

3C42CE99-5D74-4B62-8ECA-92847CE9DB0F.jpeg

Mine's a bit boring. 30-06 Winchester 70 shadow hunter CRF. The gun I use the very most, as it's the most versatile gun I currently own. Leupold VXR Fire dot 3-9x40 30mm tube.

My coyote load
•Hornady 178gr ELDX bullets
•Winchester brass (because it's cheap)
•Federal large magnum primers (because it's what I have, can't find my normal CCI primers)
•Reloader 19 at 59.7gr
•COAL 3.320

as always work up your own loads because I am only .1 or .2 from pressure signs.

I find that it's plenty good enough. As long as I don't hit the shoulder they're weak enough that it doesn't expand too much. Leaves a 30 cal hole on one side and .5-1" exit hole. But If I go through shoulder it leaves a fairly large exit, so I try not to do that in any coyote that I plan on taking the hide of.

Just got this together, care of Straight Jacket Armory, thanks again Nick @StraightShooter77 for the great work.
16 5" Proof in 22 Creedmoor, Proof factory action and carbon stock, WTO SwitchLug, Thunderbeast Ultra 7, Mark 5, TT Diamond. Unfired as of today but should shoot 95gr SMKs at 3100+ with ease based on another similar build sitting in the safe.
20201127_193409.jpg

Just got this together, care of Straight Jacket Armory, thanks again Nick @StraightShooter77 for the great work.
16 5" Proof in 22 Creedmoor, Proof factory action and carbon stock, WTO SwitchLug, Thunderbeast Ultra 7, Mark 5, TT Diamond. Unfired as of today but should shoot 95gr SMKs at 3100+ with ease based on another similar build sitting in the safe.
View attachment 234730
I didn't know they made a 22 creedmoor. Would it be faster or slower than the 223 wssm? I'm sure the wssm would be fatter, but it's also a fair amount shorter too, so I'm not sure the case capacity difference. Was thinking about getting one of those or a 243wssm for a dedicated coyote gun but I've never got around to it.

Another Tikka altralite fan but the 3006 might be a little too much gun if your saveing hides ........and I doeant. The Tikka lite in 6.5sweede might get the vote too but the main coyote gun would be the little CZ 527 in 6.5Grendel.
Gotten most of my coyotes from hunting something else so usually the coyote gun is whats handy!

.223, Nitrogen cooled, gas compensator, stainless fluted, moly chrome lined barrelView attachment 234714
Getting you something for your birthday is going to be difficult. Is there anything you do not already own? Is that your big, ugly toenail down there on that beautiful wood floor?

View attachment 234724
Mine's a bit boring. 30-06 Winchester 70 shadow hunter CRF. The gun I use the very most, as it's the most versatile gun I currently own. Leupold VXR Fire dot 3-9x40 30mm tube.

My coyote load
•Hornady 178gr ELDX bullets
•Winchester brass (because it's cheap)
•Federal large magnum primers (because it's what I have, can't find my normal CCI primers)
•Reloader 19 at 59.7gr
•COAL 3.320

as always work up your own loads because I am only .1 or .2 from pressure signs.

I find that it's plenty good enough. As long as I don't hit the shoulder they're weak enough that it doesn't expand too much. Leaves a 30 cal hole on one side and .5-1" exit hole. But If I go through shoulder it leaves a fairly large exit, so I try not to do that in any coyote that I plan on taking the hide of.
I have killed coyotes with 30-06 too and there is nothing wrong with the Model 70. OK with me if you blow them in half...that would be cool!