Let’s see those Smokeless builds!!

Pretty graphic. This guy was 175lb and he was barred. The "Pittman 303 carnage" in the neck @125yards. He didn't go an inch.

Attachments

• YECL7783.JPG
    YECL7783.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_E1120.JPG
    IMG_E1120.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Makes me excited to start using my ML now. My TC Hankins barrel loves 64gr of IMR 4198 under 275gr Pittman. I will use this if my build is not ready.

Congrats that is awesome. Best of luck with your new blaster. She looks incredible

I don't have a picture handy but Luke Horak at Arrowhead Rifles fixed one that another builder built for me. The other builder is now out of business (for good reason), but Luke was able to take what I had and make it a tack driver. I would not think twice about using Luke again in the future. His gun is a pleasure to shoot and I can regularly hit steel at 500 yards.
Both Luke at Arrowhead Sporting Goods and Jeff at Hankins Precision are honest and knowledgeable folks I've dealt with both and nothing but good to say about either.

Yup Jeff's a great guy to deal with and his prefit TC barrel is a tack driver and will serve me this hunting season while my Full custom McWhorter is being built. It's just taking a bit longer than anticipated unfortunately most likely due to supply issues. But it will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
Being deer season currently...let's see some of your kills gents!

And this is my Savage nut build.
ASG pre fit
MDT chassis
275 gr NSR over a wool wad and IMR498 - 2600fps

Attachments

• 20221116_154126.jpg
    20221116_154126.jpg
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20221118_093123.jpg
    20221118_093123.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
Both Luke at Arrowhead Sporting Goods and Jeff at Hankins Precision are honest and knowledgeable folks I've dealt with both and nothing but good to say about either.
Jeff is the man in my book. He was the first one that invented. Go to youtube watch jeff test his ignition system against lukes. Luke does have some good inventions. But some builders think luke is the one and only.

Jeff is the man in my book. He was the first one that invented. Go to youtube watch jeff test his ignition system against lukes. Luke does have some good inventions. But some builders think luke is the one and only.
Luke and Hankins are not the only top quality builders. My rifle was build by Bestill Creations and it will shoot as well as any. I actually won the inaugural modern inline LONG RANGE match at Camp Atterbury with it. 800, 900 and 1,000yds using 120grs of BH209 BY VOLUME. :) It shoots .3moa (point 3) at 600 with SML.
I don't think either were the 'first one that invented'. There are others before them.

We need to keep this post directed towards showing off the SML's, not getting into who did what. ;)

Luke and Hankins are not the only top quality builders. My rifle was build by Bestill Creations and it will shoot as well as any. I actually won the inaugural modern inline LONG RANGE match at Camp Atterbury with it. 800, 900 and 1,000yds using 120grs of BH209 BY VOLUME. :) It shoots .3moa (point 3) at 600 with SML.
I don't think either were the 'first one that invented'. There are others before them.

We need to keep this post directed towards showing off the SML's, not getting into who did what. ;)
Oh how i know.

Wow, maybe you need to practice what you preach!!