Let’s see those Smokeless builds!!

Just remember a good smokeless gun also makes a good BH209 gun.
Absolutely agree. Been watching all Lukes videos for his rifles. He states impressive velocities with BH compared to my TC bone collector. I really think my deer would be more dead with one of lukes muzzleloaders. Its making me shake. Good grief thisnis the package i want. But change color of stock and Muzzle brake. To LR customes t rex as per Encore here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-133543_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-133543_Chrome.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 121
Absolutely agree. Been watching all Lukes videos for his rifles. He states impressive velocities with BH compared to my TC bone collector. I really think my deer would be more dead with one of lukes muzzleloaders. Its making me shake. Good grief thisnis the package i want. But change color of stock and Muzzle brake. To LR customes t rex as per Encore here.
I'm using one of his Savage prefit barrels and his 275gr NSR bullets for my rifle with 60gr H4198. Have no idea on the BH209 numbers though as mine is strictly for smokeless. If you have a Savage or Remington rifle then you can get a full switch barrel set up for a bit less than $1000.

Yes, I run a SilencerCo Hybrid on mine, it brings the sound down so that your ears don't ring with a shot or two but it isn't nearly as quiet as I'm used to with my other cans and I still wear hearing protection on the range. With the anchor break though it definitely helps with the recoil.
My buddy contacted SllencerCo about using his Hybrid on his smokeless and hey said they did not recommend it. Have you put many rounds through the Hybrid on your smokeless.

My buddy contacted SllencerCo about using his Hybrid on his smokeless and hey said they did not recommend it. Have you put many rounds through the Hybrid on your smokeless.

Maybe about 30 or so with no Ill effects, I figure if it's rated for 45-70 and my 60gr of H4198 is equivalent to a Ruger #1 level 45-70 load then I should be good. Now if I was shooting one of the bigger ones burning 70 to 100gr of powder then I could see it being an issue.

I finally got to the range again today with my SML.
68gr IMR4198, Hank's Primer modules with Fed 215, Parker 275gr Black Max - Sized 3 times.

I confirmed the 100yd zero,
Then guessed I needed to come up 2MOA for 200yds - center punched the X-Ring. I shot two more to confirm. All close to each other - probably a 2.75" group. Certainly good enough for deer.
I moved to the 300yd target - I guessed I needed to come up a total of 5MOA - shot 3 inches low. I added another MOA for a total of 6MOA and hit the left edge of the bullseye. 2 more shots to confirm ended up being a 2.5in group. The places where I could get a 300yd shot are areas that I would be able to hunt with a centerfire rifle - so I don't expect I'll need to worry about a 6MOA drop.

But I'm pleased with the 2MOA drop to 200 yards.
When I was finished I left 2MOA on the gun and fired at 100yds - it was 2inches high at 12 o'clock. I had one more primer module left, so I fired a Hornady XTP at the same target. It held the same elevation as the Parker 275gr but was about an inch or more to the left.

Muzzleloader bear season starts this weekend - but it's too hot. I'm hoping to take a day off at the end of next week to get out - hopefully it will be cooler.

But I like it better blue
Looks great either way.
I'm leaning towards the blue myself, I think. I like the green Kryptek, but I feel like maybe it's a little too much on the 'busy' side and gives my eyes anxiety 😂🤣. The blue seems more relaxing to them…….or something like that.

I'm leaning towards the blue myself, I think. I like the green Kryptek, but I feel like maybe it's a little too much on the 'busy' side and gives my eyes anxiety 😂🤣. The blue seems more relaxing to them…….or something like that.
Exactly blue is not a natural color in the woods but that green is pretty intense I'm gravitating towards the blue buddy!

Recent Posts