Let’s see some coyotes!

One more this morning. It's getting cold😬
5CC40D48-123F-4CE2-AB59-6825F75C91B0.jpeg

I didn't get out much this spring and summer so I don't know what the litter sizes were like . I have been seeing more of a prey base this fall then in the last few years . I'm not seeing the numbers of animals with mange that I have seen in the past . I have seen the fur market collapse before in the 80's . Fur in most parts of the world is considered a luxury item now so it's demand depends to a large extent on the worlds economy doing well . The market collapse in the 80's is what turned me toward doing predator control so that I could still afford to do what I loved so much hunt Coyote and still get paid and break even at least . Being paid per coyote instead of by the pelt doing it 12 months a year is a different story and the ways you do things and think about doing it changes with the time of the year . So good hunting and luck to you all this season .

Funny you should ask. I had the break on for deer season because I didn't want the extra weight. I hadn't sighted it in with the can before I started coyote hunting. Now it's good to go. It will stay on there tell the high buck hunt starts in Washington.
Nice Shooting!

I was of that camp but now I take my can off only to clean it/ otherwise it's on the rifle, but I live in a Can friendly state.

I've decided to just get used to the extra length.