Leopold RX 2800 or Vortex Razor HD 4000?

Muddyboots

Been researching the heck out of RF's and have settled in on the following criteria;
  1. <$500
  2. Good glass
  3. Good 7X to see longer distances
  4. Good acquisition of targets based upon tons of reviews from fellow shooters
  5. Need confirmation of deer size animals out to 1,000+ yds
  6. True ballistic distance is all I care about, an internal MOA/Mil calculator irrelevant to me. Been using a Bushnell 1,000 ARC for years so accustomed to how that works. I believe if I know the true distance it is up to me to set up for that anyway.
  7. Internal digital display has to be pretty good under most lighting conditions
  8. Like the camera style integrated tripod mount for those longer acquisitions
  9. Leupold 2 year warranty is OK for most electronic products, granted not lifetime but my Bushnell 1000ARC is 18 years old and still works ok for the range it provides just not far enough.
  10. Vortex is lifetime which is always nice

So this is where I am right now ready to pull the trigger to buy one. SO if I only care about the true distance, does the Vortex Razor HD 4000 a better option due to their warranty or is the Leupold RX2800 better for glass? I can get either one for similar pricing so that is not a decision point.

What say you? Any dissatisfied Leupold users? Vortex users? Why?

Have you looked into the Leica CRF-2700B?
  • Equivalent horizontal range (EHR) up to a distance of 1100 meters/1200 yards
  • The holdover value, or the number of clicks to set on the riflescope
  • Integrated inclinometer and air pressure and temperature sensor
  • Integrated microSD memory card slot for a choice of three different ballistic applications and an output of the results in the format relevant to their needs
  • Fast scan mode that records the environment and targets every 0.5 seconds

Great RF but I have to hold firm on max total price which led me to the two I chose for discussion. I can either one less than $500 total price including shipping which will meet my max budget. Sometimes you do have to live within the budget you establish (with wife LOL) and being retired keeping to one is how you live. I even thought of the Leica 2400 but cannot get it in total below the $500. Some will say I am not getting the best I can but I have to look at it I am trying to get the best I can afford.

So anybody got some good first hand experiences?

Great RF but I have to hold firm on max total price which led me to the two I chose for discussion. I can either one less than $500 total price including shipping which will meet my max budget. Sometimes you do have to live within the budget you establish (with wife LOL) and being retired keeping to one is how you live. I even thought of the Leica 2400 but cannot get it in total below the $500. Some will say I am not getting the best I can but I have to look at it I am trying to get the best I can afford.

So anybody got some good first hand experiences?
Call us and we will do a new one for any member here for $499.99 including shipping

WOW! Ill call you Monday! What about the Leica CRF 3500.COM

The 3500 is awesome!

The 3500 is awesome!

Awesome, I just bought it...:)

Doug @ Camera Land just gave me a great deal on the Leica 3500.COM. Im looking forward for the delivery date.....:)