Been researching the heck out of RF's and have settled in on the following criteria;
- Good glass
- Good 7X to see longer distances
- Good acquisition of targets based upon tons of reviews from fellow shooters
- Need confirmation of deer size animals out to 1,000+ yds
- True ballistic distance is all I care about, an internal MOA/Mil calculator irrelevant to me. Been using a Bushnell 1,000 ARC for years so accustomed to how that works. I believe if I know the true distance it is up to me to set up for that anyway.
- Internal digital display has to be pretty good under most lighting conditions
- Like the camera style integrated tripod mount for those longer acquisitions
- Leupold 2 year warranty is OK for most electronic products, granted not lifetime but my Bushnell 1000ARC is 18 years old and still works ok for the range it provides just not far enough.
- Vortex is lifetime which is always nice
So this is where I am right now ready to pull the trigger to buy one. SO if I only care about the true distance, does the Vortex Razor HD 4000 a better option due to their warranty or is the Leupold RX2800 better for glass? I can get either one for similar pricing so that is not a decision point.
What say you? Any dissatisfied Leupold users? Vortex users? Why?