Leopold BX-4 binoculars, any good?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25294

I'm looking for a compact lightish set of binoculars to replace my old Leopold 10x42 cascades.
I would like to stick with Leopold since I can get a pro deal, anyone use the BX-4? I'm thinking the 10x42.
I need better glass than the cheap cascades but don't want to spend more than $500.
Any other suggestions would be great too.

I just sent a pair of BX 4 HD pro guide 10x42s back. On my tripod, sxs compared to my Cascades... the cascades beat them. Maybe I got a bad pair... don't know. I spent a bit more and went with the Meopta Meostar HD 10x42. What a difference!

I have a pair of 10x42 that I used this season. They fit my face well and don't let in too much light from the sides. I ran them off a tripod which made a huge difference. Quite a step up from my old BX2's. For the price I think they are good. There is a good sweet spot when looking through and the image is pretty good out toward the edges. I like how light they are, I don't notice them much at all in my ACG harness. For my eyes they are good out to about a mile or a bit more when conditions are right. The tripod helps a lot in that aspect. I can see animals much further, but I lose the details. I looked through a lot of binos in that price range, and the BX4'S fit me the best for the image quality. I also really liked how the vortex fit, but couldn't get past the green tint. I would like to see them next to the Maven C1, as them seem to be getting some good reviews too.

Thanks for the feedback guys
I found a smoking deal on a pair of zeiss terra ed 10x32 binos. Anyone tried those out?

I have the BX-4 in 10x42. They perform fine and I'm happy with them. My previous pair was Nikon monarch 10x40. These definitely beat the Nikons.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts