Len's Trip To Machu Picchu, Peru

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Len\'s Trip To Machu Picchu, Peru

standard.jpg

Last August I traveled to the Andes mountains in Peru to visit an ancient Indian ruin called Machu Picchu. It is located at 12,000 feet of elevation in the verdant setting you see above. Many of you have at some time seen a picture of this famous site. It is a real classic.

I had hoped for this eery, misty setting. On my second morning there I could see the mist begin to form. It started just above the river 2,000 feet below. Over the next hour it made its way slowly up the mountainside. Finally it drifted sideways and I had the shot for which I had traveled over 5,000 miles.

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Re: Len\'s Trip To Machu Picchu, Peru

A place I've always wanted to see! Wow... Is that as close as they let you get, or do you get to go down and check it out?

An awesome place. Nice shot, and thanks for sharing it, Len.
smile.gif

I spent hours each day wandering through the ruins. I wonder what life was like for these mysterious people who one day just vanished.

I guess them vanishing and the beautifull mountain top together like that just always interested me. I can only imagine what it was like to see those things, and what it must have been like living up there like that.

Do tell more, what else impressed you as you walked through there?

An amazing place...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.