Len's Recent Trip To Yellowstone and The Big Horns

I've been back and forth across the Bighorns a few times, lol. I've also hunted south of 14 between the ranger station road and Cloud peak. I absolutely love it out there!! I hope to get back in that country within the next couple of years.

Len,
I'm going to step up to a digital SLR and was wondering what you would reccomend. I am fairly experienced and have used film SLRs, but my wife has no experience and wants to learn also. With that criteria, what camera body and what selection of lenses would you reccomend?
Thanks in advance.
blkdog

Nikon or Canon doesn't matter.

Get a body in the $1000 range and spend the rest on lenses. I have on order the new Nikon D7000. WHich is a little more than that.

Get a moderate telephoto, like 20-150 or whatever there is in that range. Also a 75-300.

Nice pictures! Its was nice hunting out there this year. It was nice to see you there too. Its a small world.

Take care!

Len

Have you got your D7k yet and if so what do you think of it? What were you using b4 the D7K? A D90, D300 etc. etc. ??????

From what I have read the new D7000 is a bad mo fo of a DSLR!! Wish I could magicly turn my D90 into a D7K. I suppose I could but it would magicly cost me about $800 lol

Anyway, would love to hear you opinion on your new D7K.

I have used a D2X for 5 years and will sell that one when the D7000 arrives.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts