Len's Fall Color Photos of Current Colorado & Wyoming Trip

Another just now edited mountain stream photo taken just down-stream from first night campsite. Just after sunrise.
View attachment 411119
Wow brother, god has blessed you. You have seen some of the most beautiful picturesque part of our country. I could only think that just a handful of people have ever seen what you seen and took pictures to share with others. Thank you very much, I fill blessed for seeing them. Thanks again, David

My camera is a Nikon Z7 and I mostly use a Nikon 24-200 lens. Also a 14-30 lens.

Wow brother, god has blessed you. You have seen some of the most beautiful picturesque part of our country. I could only think that just a handful of people have ever seen what you seen and took pictures to share with others. Thank you very much, I fill blessed for seeing them. Thanks again, David

@Darkside

Your comment really got to me...

I am fortunate in so many ways...and this is one way that is now giving me a huge amount of satisfaction.

Thanks so much...

One more from this batch of photos.

As I mentioned above, I am a novice at night sky photography.

This was taken late during the starry night when the nearly full moon had crossed the horizon from east to pretty far west...right side of screen.

See the shadows.

20 second exposure.

This was pretty close to my campsite on night #1.
_DSC3513.jpg

Wow that's fascinating, still daylight and you can see the stars in the sky. I would have thought photos made into pictures, and hanging all over. Thank you. 😯👍

One more from this batch of photos.

As I mentioned above, I am a novice at night sky photography.

This was taken late during the starry night when the nearly full moon had crossed the horizon from east to pretty far west...right side of screen.

See the shadows.

20 second exposure.

This was pretty close to my campsite on night #1.
View attachment 412525
That's an amazing night photo! I'm really surpised at how the colors came through so warm despite the cool moonlight. Pretty neat.
The only night photog I've done was without rotational tracking and the stars came out as dashes.

That's an amazing night photo! I'm really surpised at how the colors came through so warm despite the cool moonlight. Pretty neat.
The only night photog I've done was without rotational tracking and the stars came out as dashes.

Thanks, if you zoom in you'll see that there are dashes.

Hey all you guys!

My motivation for image posting is actually very selfish.

I get so much satisfaction out of sharing.
Well, I appreciate your 'selfishness'!
photo threads like this make me want to get out and explore some of these places you've been. And some of yours make me feel like I've been there- like the view if the mountain looking out the tent.

I have a ton of my own photos in my favorites file that never see the light of day and I think its a shame, as one of the reasons I take them is to share the beauty of the world as I see it. There's so much more to the world than all the ugliness we see on the tube and internet and i like to highlight that.

The other reason is possibly a selfish reason, and that's to eventually make some money with printed calenders, postcards, or photobooks. But it so hard to make anything that way.

I used to put some on FB, but I rarely go there anymore.