Len's 57 mile solo Glacier Park backpack trip - September 2022

That scat pile looks more like the diameter of a black bear than a griz. Most griz scat I've seen is the diameter of
People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat. Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.

Len, this "bear sign" confirms your observation!
DF252BCF-5777-43E1-9DED-2168802F63A6.jpeg

Thanks for sharing Len, Yup Glacier is awesome but you really need to hit the trails to realize the beauty. Those driving to the top and back out really only get a taste. I go there every year, only problem is today it's been discovered due to covid. three times as many people there today. Thanks again

You have to make a trip back in late december/early January :) Just kidding, I know the park is probably closed by then. Good thing we had a late fall this year or it would look a lot different even this early.

Beautiful pics.. God's country. The thing that always amazed me when I moved up here to the mountains is the way the water comes down from the snowy elevation and glaciers creating waterfalls and beautiful reservoirs in the valleys. I see from your pics, you like that too!

The first time I stood at bridal veil falls on black bear pass in the lower Rockies.. wow.. incredible. It's not as impressive as the first time but yeah.. it's awesome.

Last edited:
Lighten up Francis this is a long range firearm/hunting site.

He was on VACATION..

Or maybe not.. you don't know.. stop maybe his son or daughter posted this.

Last edited:
I assume you carried all your food and got water along the way?
What did your food supply consist of?
I carried one pound of food per day. PB & J on a tortilla. Cheese and sliced hard salamie on tortilla and cold soaked freeze dried meals once per day...no stove.

Water from the natural sources.