Len Backus - Did you ever find a coyote hunt?

budlight

I've been going out this year with the remote callers. I got to talking to friend about it and he told me about this guy out of Elko Nevada that takes people out on guided hunts.

If your interested I track him down and get a business card.

The most I've got in one day is three. You usually see them when you don't have a gun or they are in a no hunting area. They live where there is lots of game. If an area is thick with rabbits or upland game birds your going to see them. So we always take the shot guns and get a few chucker or quail. Another place is ranching/farming alfalfa (sp?)fields. Coyotes do alot of mousing.

My gun of choice for them is .277 cal with all copper 140 BT's. It drops them and only leaves a .277 hole.

budlight

Thanks much for your interest. Well, I have a few good long range choices, all of which involve a lot of driving. At least it seems like a lot of driving so soon after a couple of long distance hunts in the past month and a half.

And now my wife is working hard at filling up my dance (travel) card for the next month or so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's always good to cooperate so I continue to get a kitchen pass for all my spring wildlife photography and fall hunting trips. She's going to the SHOT Show with me next month and then I am off to Africa (without her) for more photos in February.

I envy you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I looked at your home page and you build nice places.

I have never been on a guided hunt. I have friends from all over and just go to where ever they live in the world. Some of them have really got me into some exciting things over the years.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.