Leica scope ?

jgal72

My son purchased a new leica scope to mount on Remington mountain rifle. Mounted with Talley one piece mounts. Got it bore sighted but ran out windage adjustment in the process. Shot at 100 yards. Grouped right of bull and could not bring left without shimming. Thought maybe receiver holes were out of alignment. Transferred set up to nolser rifle, same thing. Is it the scope or the rings? This is my first experience with a Leica. Windage turret only makes 1 3/4 turn total. Any input greatly appreciated!!

What power range (magnification) is it? It seems the higher the power, the less the amount of adjustment available. A 5-25 power has less adjustment range (clicks) than a 3-9. At least that is what I have found while looking at the specs of the Swaro scopes I was looking at.
My Weatherby had the same problem, and I had to end up putting Leupold bases with the windage adjustment. I centered the scope crosshairs (divide the total # of windage clicks in half, and leave it there). I took all of the windage adjustment using the base adjustment screws, then fine tuned it with the windage turret on the scope.

You can check base alignment yourself. Install the bases and then place a 12" steel ruler against the right sides of the bases, with the front of the ruler sticking out toward the muzzle as far as it will go. Look down at the barrel and measure the offset between the barrel and the ruler. Then switch the ruler to the left side of the bases and repeat.

It the measurements are the same, the barrel is centered. If not, then what is the numerical difference between the two measurements, and how far from the center of the bases did you measure the offset? Calculate that angle.

It could also be barrel vibration throwing the shots off boresight. You could try different ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.