Leica Rangefinder Binoculars

I'd been using and still have a pair of 2200 yard Leica RF binos, I picked up a pair of the new swaro range TA and I can tell you that the difference in optical performance is very notable. Ranging is about equal. Their worth considering
The new ones are probably a bit better than yours. I assume you have older geovids? The new .COMs and Pros are probably pretty close to optical clarity. And it's hard to compare with the extra ballistic features the Leicas have.

Last edited:
The new ones are probably a bit better than yours. I assume you have older geovids? The new .COMs and Pros are probably pretty close to optical clarity. And it's hard to compare with the extra ballistic features the Leicas have.
Loved my swaro el but they lack in the ballistics department too much. If they ever step their game I'd likely go back. Leica Quality in an overall package tho.

Loved my swaro el but they lack in the ballistics department too much. If they ever step their game I'd likely go back. Leica Quality in an overall package tho.
I agree. I think they really missed something with the EL-Range TA and not adding ballistics to the package. If they did, they'd probably be the king it RF binos.

I've had mine for close to a month. I kept my 10x42 .coms as a backup, so I've done a lot of side by side. I've also had several friends compare them, and everyone has chosen the 10x32, without even considering the better ballistic engine. There's a slight edge in light gathering at near dark for the 42's, but when that kicks in, it's way too dark to shoot or judge an animal. Add the ABS pro ballistic upgrade and there's just no comparison as far as the rangefinder features go. The RRS cinch works perfect as a tripod adapter by the way.
I have the hd-b 10x42 and have been eyeballing the pros. Since you have both which one do you think will spend more time in the field hunting?

I'll carry the 10x32 in the field. They just don't give up enough light gathering performance to be an issue, and the Applied Ballistics software is a huge advantage over the .coms. I kept my .coms strictly as a backup pair.

I suspected that would be the case. I am going to buy a pair since I have not really seen anything negative from anyone who owns them. Thank you for the reply.

The new swaro range TA do indeed gives you ballistic corrections in the binos. You can have three different rifles saved in the APP and switch rifles in less than 1 min. My brother and I hunt together, he has a pair of the 3200 .com. Optically they seemed like a dead match for my older 2200 yard leicas. We both thought the blue tooth capability of the .com was really nice. The fit and finish of the swaro ia better. Look at the eye cups and covers Leica provides, they seem like afterthought.

The new swaro range TA do indeed gives you ballistic corrections in the binos. You can have three different rifles saved in the APP and switch rifles in less than 1 min. My brother and I hunt together, he has a pair of the 3200 .com. Optically they seemed like a dead match for my older 2200 yard leicas. We both thought the blue tooth capability of the .com was really nice. The fit and finish of the swaro ia better. Look at the eye cups and covers Leica provides, they seem like afterthought.
They do but only to 800 if I recall. More than far enough for most people but this page is full of not most people so there is a lot of pickiness that occurs. Both swaro and Leica missed the boat with their apps on board ballistics. No reason to have to bt to anything for switching profiles etc if running the right ballistics engine