Leica or Swarovski Bino's?

enigma

I have a Swaro PH rifle scope and a Swaro range finder and a leica geovid televid APO 77 spotting scope.I want to buy a pair of bino's.This is what I'm thinking about buying. swaro bino's in SCL15x56 or SCL10x50 or SCL10x50HD, EL10x50 or EL12x50 or would the EL10x42 work just as good.But I have to admit that may Leica spotting scope is the clearest of all my optic's and what about the leica geovid 10x42 bino's HD glass.Which one would one you buy?

I have the Swarovski el 12X50, SLC 15X56, and SLC 10X42. The EL's are amazing glass and I don't know how it could get any better but I'm sure the best of the Zeiss can run with them so it's all subjective when you get in this class. Try both and see which one looks best for you.

Optics quality is very good, I use both Sworovski and Leica. I find Leica to be a bit more robust in quality of construction; however, Swarovski has a much better warranty and servicing. Leica service is expensive and not extremely consumer friendly at best.

I think you need to really define your needs, there is a huge difference between 15x and 10x not only in power but size and weight. In the west I normaly use 15x Swarovski's to spot game and if I can switch to 8x for the stock.

I'm setting in my hunting blind that sits on the north side of a 560 yard field looking in to the sun on the south side of the field so I have shadows and sun glare.but i'm watching the hedge row and the field on the south end of the field with the sun shining in my face in the morning and evening and on the west side of the field 200 yards out to 580 yards in the evening shadow and the sun in my face.I'm deer hunting

i would really consider the 10x or 8x for bino's and use that spotting scope once you found something that interest you. AS you stated you are in a blind so it would be easy to pack in both. But for the future a par of 15X hanging around your neck on hike is a lot of weight and the 10x or 8x would feel pretty good. just my two cents. but then again seems everything is mostly about opinions.

Agree, 8x or 10x are more than enough at that range. Either brand would do I would look for the best deal. Doesn't sound like you are banging them around so Swaro warranty might not be as important. Hell you might kill two birds and consider the Leica Duovids in 8-12x or 10-15x, great glass and not so big.

For me it comes down to Customer service. Leica needs to take a page from Swarovski's book when it comes to this department. Swarovski is simply the best when you have trouble with one of their products.

15x is very good for the longer distances. however it performs best when supported with a tripod. even a 10x performance can be improved with some type of support. i personaly find 8x is about all i can handle without support.
it all depends on how much detail you require.
i would reccomend looking at other makes also in addittion to those mentioned.
quality viewing dosent necessarily require the most expensive glasses.
minox for example offers some excellant choices at a fraction the cost of leica and swarovski.
if your budget supports it and name recognition is important then disregard this comment.
if on the other hand your only interest is quality viewing then check out others
including minox.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.